Is There a Db for P&C Similar to MIB for Life Ins?

DonTreadOnMe

Georgia
My question is the title of the thread. Here are the details and the why.

Grandma had a pipe burst in the basement. Water damage and mold. Grandma did not agree with the amount the insurance company paid to settle the claim so she never cashed the check.

Fast forward 10 years. Grandma died in the autumn of 2011. There is no check with the state unclaimed property office. The insurer has no record of a claim being filed for water damage / burst pipe. Yet I know it happened and she didn't cash the check.

The only thing I can think of is she switched carriers for a brief period. How do I find out which insurer paid this claim?

I helped someone track down their prior auto carrier by contacting the current one and finding out what company was listed as the prior carrier on the application. That might be a good place to start.

I'm not sure what information in contained in a CLU (combined loss underwriting I believe) report or how far they go back because I get them through my company and only get the info I need through our system. However, they do list current carrier for sure, and there may be a way to pull prior carriers out of that report but I don't know.

I have no idea how a non-agent would go about finding out what is in a CLU. But you can probably do a web search to find out.

Hope that helps.

I helped someone track down their prior auto carrier by contacting the current one and finding out what company was listed as the prior carrier on the application. That might be a good place to start.

I'm not sure what information in contained in a CLU (combined loss underwriting I believe) report or how far they go back because I get them through my company and only get the info I need through our system. However, they do list current carrier for sure, and there may be a way to pull prior carriers out of that report but I don't know.

I have no idea how a non-agent would go about finding out what is in a CLU. But you can probably do a web search to find out.

Hope that helps.

Doesn't lexusnexus allow you to see you CLUE report as part of a background check? I think you can buy that yourself.

I believe after 7 years they aren't required to keep records anymore (probably depends on the state). The clue reports I run only go back 7 years.
Did she never repair the damage?

Back