Is There a Lot of Declines in Med Supp?

jn8691mr

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Im considering finally tipping my toes in the Med Supp market. I'm new to this segment as I primarily do mortgage protection. Im wondering if there are a lot of declines selling new policies to already existing Med Supp clients. I guess my initial thought process is, they're aging and the older they are, the less likely they'll qualify with a new company.

Im considering finally tipping my toes in the Med Supp market. I'm new to this segment as I primarily do mortgage protection. Im wondering if there are a lot of declines selling new policies to already existing Med Supp clients. I guess my initial thought process is, they're aging and the older they are, the less likely they'll qualify with a new company.

Not if you know your underwriting. And CSG helps narrow it down for you with their underwriting tool.

Depends on state you sell in.In Fl. the lowest cost med supps AARP and BCBS have very limited underwriting .

If you subscribe to medicare agent training.com (or you can make your own) there is quick easy access to medical questions to many of the companies.Plus lean the most common as fast as possible who takes what and who dont, In the begging I got declines putting Blood pressure and diabeties pills with mutual, Then I learned which carriers accept that. This plus experience will allow you to place most of your apps

If you lived in California(birthday rule state) you would never have a decline. I've had a total of one Medicare applicant get declined. We just waited till their next birthday and then moved them GI.

I don't sell in any of the states that the previous guys have the luxury of selling in. I do sell in a lot of states and a good portion of my business is underwritten. You get to know the underwriting and you can screen right away and find out if it's worth you time to pursue.

I sell over the phone so doing this face to face might be different. I'd make sure the people were healthy before making the trip out there.

With that said, I never get declines unless the client just forgot to tell me something or decided not to tell me something. (which sadly happens occasionally)
I do have to turn away business that won't qualify though. I just don't waste a bunch of time selling them and doing apps if I know they won't.

Latest posts

Back