Is There an MGA That Provides Mercury Insurance?

Hello everyone! I am just wondering if there is a GA out there that provides access to Mercury Insurance. I read in another post that TWFG does, but I did not see anything in their website that remotely mentions Mercury. I am getting killed on on auto quotes left and right from Mercury and the SoCal rep pretty much told me to forget about any appointment (I am a captive agent). So I am wondering if anybody out there had any information on this. Thanks!

our a captive, rarely will a IA put you on, find an IA agent and refer them the business and split it with them,

Have you looked on Mercury website for a list of agents? Or asked the rep?

I have not thought of that, but thank you! I will try to see if I can set something up with an existing Mercury Agent. As far as the rep is concerned, she was downright nasty! I don't think I ever want to speak with her again.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
our a captive, rarely will a IA put you on, find an IA agent and refer them the business and split it with them,

I think that is what I am going to have to do. I didn't want to do that, but there doesn't seem to be any other alternative.

Last edited:
Mercury started working with clusters and associations about 18 months ago but they would never give a direct appointment to a Farmers agent as they know your top shelf business would be going to FIG.

TWFG does provide access to Mercury (in California) if you are fully appointed with them. They do not provide access in their program for captive agents though.

You can't have it both ways. If you want to work as an independent, work as an independent. If you want to be captive, be captive. There are pros and cons both ways, but be a success at what you are, don't try to be something else. Can't write auto? Write home or business or whatever. Can't do that? Quit and go get an appointment with Mercury.

2 pieces of news though
- Mercury is doing direct appointments with premium commitment and experience. Not sure about southern CA at this time though.
- Mercury is apparently having a pretty significant rate increase? This is rumor at this point, but reasonably sure some movement is in the works. Just how much.....

Dan

In CO you have Farmers agents that are all of different contracts.. Old timers can place business through a GA like the noodle if they can't serve it with Farmers. The new guys are restricted and generally screwed at every turn.

This is true of Farmers almost everywhere.
The older contracts are a bit looser, but from the rumers I hear, they are really cracking down on outside placed business with agents.

Of course, a lot of agents abuse this as well, so they can't fault the company for enforcing the contract.

Dan

this topic is pretty interesting, I am pretty sure there are IA that I know of that can write Farmers though... I am almost positive.

Back