Is There Any Other Company Worse Than TransAmerica?

TDS551

Expert
These guys get worse every month. They have raised the bar so high for agents and now it seems they are lowering it for themselves. I've been submitting OE business and it takes a week to even show up in their system, then longer to issue. Im getting them the extra paperwork they require like mapd disenrollment letters and submitting it elextronically and then it just disapears.

I can say that I cannot just submit an app and expexct them to do their jobs. Its like baby sitting.

Last edited:
I submitted one couple to them for Med supps. They were underwritten, and like you mentioned it took a week before they even showed up in the portal. Those will be the last two I put with them. They are pretty bad.

When I first started in the business I had an OE for a Med Sup, I wrote the guy with an effective date of Jul 1. About the 2nd week of Aug, the wife calls me and asks when the policy is coming. Her husband was literally in a hospital and had been for months, but they couldn't touch him because of his OE status. She tells me they have no way to prove they are covered. So I call TransAmerica and ask where this policy is, they ask me to give the info, and the lady tells me "Oh we mailed it to the wrong address". I'm like "Are you fkn kidding me?" So I tell the girl, I need it mailed to me yesterday! She asks me for my FedEx #. Really? You guys fkd up and you want ME to pay for it!? Wrong answer. I haven't used them since.
It should be noted they did pay to send the policy to the applicant that August, 2 months later in October, I received the policy again at my office. I called and asked them why this was being sent to me. The person who answered said "we had a request that you needed the policy urgently".
I haven't used this company since that experience. I will not risk my name and reputation on a company that so clearly doesn't get it at all....

They're the only company that makes UA seem competent. Seems arbitrary the way they applied the CA Birthday rule effective date. And there wasn't anyone there smart enough to realize how this affects agents.

I even went so far as to report them to the DOI who typically couldn't care less.

I stopped working with them years ago and don't miss them at all.

Rick

I saw the notice about TransAmerica rate increases and I was actually hoping they'd raise their G.

Thats a sad way to live.

These guys get worse every month. They have raised the bar so high for agents and now it seems they are lowering it for themselves. I've been submitting OE business and it takes a week to even show up in their system, then longer to issue. I'm getting them the extra paperwork they require like mapd disenrollment letters and submitting it electronically and then it just disappears.

I can say that I cannot just submit an app and expect them to do their jobs. Its like baby sitting.

I still write with them because they are very competitive in my state on plan G (and I'd like to go to Hawaii for their convention)...but man they do have a bunch of dopes working there.

My problem with them is on paper applications. Now I try to do all apps electronically but some old codgers just will not go for it so I have to mail them apps. Of the six or seven paper apps that I have done with them this year, every single application gets flagged as NIGO.

I then get an email notifying me that pages are missing. Then I waste my time, call them back and tell them to check again and that I'm certain they're all there but just probably scanned out of order. Sure enough all pages are always there.:mad:

Back