Is There Any Value in Having an Insurance Producers License if You Are Not Going to Sell Insurance?

heartburn

Expert
Has anyone heard of someone obtaining a producers license and then not using it to sell insurance, but finding another use for it? For example, could the knowledge you gain from studying for and passing the exam benefit you in other non-sales jobs in the insurance industry or in consulting?

You will never use anything on the licensing exam in the real world lol.

If all you you want is knowledge you can take the classes without getting licensed. The license and $2.00 will get you a cup of coffee some places.

Why even take the classes? The only reason to have a license is so it is legal to sell. If you're not going to sell then all the hoops you have to go through to get the license are needless (fingerprinting, background checks, classes...etc.). I say just buy the state manual for 40 or so bucks and read it....several times.

You will never use anything on the licensing exam in the real world lol.

I'm sure there are many things different in my state, but I disagree strongly with the above. A lot of it can be nonsense, but there are a number of things you learn that are important.

I'm sure there are many things different in my state, but I disagree strongly with the above. A lot of it can be nonsense, but there are a number of things you learn that are important.

Josh, I agree with you. There are a lot of things that are not particularly useful but the general parameters of insurance are useful things to know.

Back