Is there still a need for life insurance agents to get quality IUL training??

Is there still a demand or need for Life Agents to get quality IUL training in 2020?

• YES

• NO

• I've never experienced quality IUL training

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jason T Brown

Indexed Universal Life (IUL) has been around since 1997. That means 2020 marked 23 years since IUL was introduced to the insurance industry. WOW! My question is simple --- Do you think there is still a demand or need for quality IUL training in 2020? I'm not referring to carrier commercials or specific IUL product training. I'm asking about genuine Agent Training on IUL itself and everything else related to IUL! Thoughts? Please take a second and and answer the POLL question...

The Insurance Advisor as Defendant: How to Keep from being Sued Successfully: Practical advice from an experienced Expert Witness by John Olsen, CLU, ChFC, AEP

Am shocked, but I have been unable to locate a CE class on IUL anywhere in the country to refer agents to. Basic UL yes, Fixed Index Annuities yes, bug can't locate a single IUL CE course. Youtube has a lot of videos on the topic, but most are outdated or use bad math in the comparisons to Roth or 401k

I still predict a time when an "indexed contracts" authority will be required to sell indexed policies just like variable contract authority is required for selling variable contracts.

I still predict a time when an "indexed contracts" authority will be required to sell indexed policies just like variable contract authority is required for selling variable contracts.

You have to take specific CE certification for LTCI and FIAs. But none for IUL... which can be infinitely more dangerous to a client financially (ive seen losses in the hundreds of thousands and the carrier (NA) could have cared less).

Makes zero sense. But regulations are always way behind the curve. Once the wave of class action suits hits the IUL carriers, they will push for it with the NAIC. But it will take something like that for it to happen.

Back