Is this a CMS Violation or Not?

openmindedone

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Virginia
I saw a guy's ad in the paper this week with the title of "Questions about Medicare?" In it he says "As your local Medicare sales representative, I help find the plan that's best for you."

Referring to yourself that way seems awfully misleading to me. I wonder if CMS would have a problem with this?

I saw a guy's ad in the paper this week with the title of "Questions about Medicare?" In it he says "As your local Medicare sales representative, I help find the plan that's best for you."

Referring to yourself that way seems awfully misleading to me. I wonder if CMS would have a problem with this?

Curious... unless you are a secret shopper - why does it matter?

He/she probably should describe their title better - something like medicare supplement agent or senior health insurance agent....

You're not being very open minded about this.:)

I have done Medicare sales 8 years and was always told every year that we can not use any job title with the word "medicare" in it. It may mislead people into thinking we are with Medicare in some way.

Curious... unless you are a secret shopper - why does it matter?
If this person has an unfair advantage in using that wording to attract prospects, it most certainly DOES affect him.

CMs workers are a bunch of useless government workers who are only there to do as little as possible and protect their cushy government jobs. Good Luck with getting them to do anything to enforce any rules like this.

They might have a problem with that wording. A reasonable layperson could take that to mean they represent Medicare.

Violation or not I don't think its misleading

I would not use it just o be on the safe side.

But I would not begrudge another for using it.

Back