Is this Correct?

TonyC

Guru
100+ Post Club
I was talking to a GA yesterday who told me that he gets about $1100 for selling a Medicare advantage plan to an individual.

He also said that i would get paid about $700 to sell and close a Medicare Advantage Plan.

These numbers seem high...is this correct?

I was talking to a GA yesterday who told me that he gets about $1100 for selling a Medicare advantage plan to an individual.

He also said that i would get paid about $700 to sell and close a Medicare Advantage Plan.

These numbers seem high...is this correct?

The most I get for any MA is $420. The most I've been offered by any GA to work for them is $450. I've never even had an agent mention that they could get more than $450.

Of course, if the agent gets $450, the GA is getting something and the FMO. I would still doubt that there is $1100 there for all 3 combined.

There are some regional MA plans that pay a fortune and in general, commission in California may be higher than elsewhere.

I know of one MA plan that pays their brokers $700 plus I think a bonus of $150 right now. If the "street" is $850, then the FMO could certainly gross $1,100.

UHC must pay their FMOs about $700-800 based upon the contracts that I've seen - and they are an "actual" company. I would not be surprised if some of the small regional players trying to gain a foothold pay $1,000+.

Rick

There are some regional MA plans that pay a fortune and in general, commission in California may be higher than elsewhere.

I know of one MA plan that pays their brokers $700 plus I think a bonus of $150 right now. If the "street" is $850, then the FMO could certainly gross $1,100.

UHC must pay their FMOs about $700-800 based upon the contracts that I've seen - and they are an "actual" company. I would not be surprised if some of the small regional players trying to gain a foothold pay $1,000+.

Rick
What plan is that????

Rick

UHC only pays FMOs $525 not $700-800.

UHC only pays FMOs $525 not $700-800.
In California, which I pointed out had higher contracts, the street level for MA plans is $550. The GA contract is $610. There are 3 levels above GA ending with FMO. So I'm pretty sure my guess at 700-800 (at least here in CA) is correct.

The agent contract elsewhere is $400 so if the math still works, the FMO still is at $550-600.

Rick

Last edited:
Back