Is this Ever Going to Happen

Hi guys and girls. My name is Mel and I live in California. I started working for an independent agent about 6 months ago. I worked for about 2 months before I was offered to go to school and apply for my license and I was very exited. I started my classes on September 6th, Took my test a month later on October 6th, my boss decided I needed time to study, I passed my test and did my fingerprints and applied for my license on October 11th. It is now almost December and I still don't have my license. I do have a misdemeanor on my record (young mistake) which I got dismissed last year and that is what is holding my license I heard. On November 17th I received an automated email from cdi saying it could take up to 60 days to receive my license. 60-business-days. I honestly didn't believe anything took 60 days anymore. The kicker is I'm making only 2k a month while I wait for this license and needless to say I cant keep living on noodles. I took the job because of the potential and now I'm looking at burger joints hiring adds realizing I could be making more money there. I was hoping to get my significant raise (or any raise) before Christmas, but it is not going to be happening. There is no one to talk to, nothing to do but wait, or not wait and go make a little more money flipping burgers. I do love my job and I am learning so much as a commercial insurance secretary. Anyways I hope I am one of you guys some time in March of 2017. :1mad::1arghh:

Last edited:
Hi guys and girls. My name is Jessica and I live in California. I started working for an independent agent about 6 months ago. I worked for about 2 months before I was offered to go to school and apply for my license and I was very exited. I started my classes on September 6th, Took my test a month later on October 6th, my boss decided I needed time to study, I passed my test and did my fingerprints and applied for my license on October 11th. It is now almost December and I still don't have my license. I do have a misdemeanor on my record (young mistake) which I got dismissed last year and that is what is holding my license I heard. On November 17th I received an automated email from cdi saying it could take up to 60 days to receive my license. 60-business-days. I honestly didn't believe anything took 60 days anymore. The kicker is I'm making only 2k a month while I wait for this license and needless to say I cant keep living on noodles. I took the job because of the potential and now I'm looking at burger joints hiring adds realizing I could be making more money there. I was hoping to get my significant raise (or any raise) before Christmas, but it is not going to be happening. There is no one to talk to, nothing to do but wait, or not wait and go make a little more money flipping burgers. I do love my job and I am learning so much as a commercial insurance secretary. Anyways I hope I am one of you guys some time in March of 2017. :1mad::1arghh:

If you REALLY want it and if you're REALLY "hungry", why not flip burgers at night to supplement your income and your noodles until your license come through?:)

I remember getting my non-res license for CA. I waited and waited. Never seen anything on the DOI website. I finally called them just to find out they never received a particular form that I had to send them. I sent it over to them again and had my license in about a week.

My point here is, don't just trust the website. Call them and inquire what needs to be done so you can get on with life!

Thanks everyone! December 11th will be two months now since I applied. I have thought about a second job and I've been trying to hold off but I probably wont be able to anymore. In regards to calling them I am not sure I even can, the message said not to call unless 60 days had gone by, and I have to leave a message for someone to call me back. I just keep checking everyday hoping I will see my name one of these times! Boy, does life have a way of teaching you how to be patient or what? I would love to tell one of the banks who ask for **Urgent** certificates that I wont be issuing one for 60 days, baahaha.

In PA they usually take about 3 months. I think you just go to the back of the line and stay there. It's pretty cruddy.

----------

To clarify, the 3 months is when you have anything but a clean app. A regular app depending on the time of the year is only takes 3 days to 2 weeks.

Hi ya Mel! I'm Tom!

Since you are getting in to the business - why not make some extra dough on the side generating leads / appointments for other Agents during your down time? There are some companies that you can hook up with that will let you do it from home on a commission basis . . .

Good luck to you and Merry Christmas :)

Work from home appointment setting, lead generation & sales | B2B Appointment Setting | SalesRoads Appointment Setting, Lead Generation, Sales Outsourcing, Telemarketing

https://gensales.com

Thanks everyone! December 11th will be two months now since I applied. I have thought about a second job and I've been trying to hold off but I probably wont be able to anymore. In regards to calling them I am not sure I even can, the message said not to call unless 60 days had gone by, and I have to leave a message for someone to call me back. I just keep checking everyday hoping I will see my name one of these times! Boy, does life have a way of teaching you how to be patient or what? I would love to tell one of the banks who ask for **Urgent** certificates that I wont be issuing one for 60 days, baahaha.

Thank you guys for the responses, I'm still learning this site. Still waiting for a response, I hope some day soon I will be able to say, I got it!! I hope everyone has Merry Christmas!!

Back