Is This Legal?

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
Just curious. Check out this website for Pa health insurance. Firstly, it is a very nice website...perhaps one of the top three Pa websites in terms of SEO, appearance and credibility.

But...is this legal? It insinuates that you need to go through them to get that feature. Maybe it's true. I am referring to the $24.95 monthly value offer.

lowcostpahealthinsurancedotcom

Last edited:
Interesting - it clearly states that if you purchase "through us" you'll receive free dental and vision. I imagine this would be considered rebating. I'm also not entirely sure how this would work.

I imagine this would be considered rebating.

Unless they have a proprietary product that "auto-enrolls" them into an association. As most associations include some sort of dental / vision card these days.

I'm actually more puzzled on the statement - "Rates are equal or better than going direct!"

I would think this is borderline misleading. The "Better than going direct" deal would probably mean some form of rebating - which is only legal in two states. This is either a really good deal they struck with the carrier, or there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.

Interesting - it clearly states that if you purchase "through us" you'll receive free dental and vision. I imagine this would be considered rebating. I'm also not entirely sure how this would work.
It doesn't say free, it says you will receive at no monthly cost, implying that there is a cost for like an association or dental and vision is included. I see that it can be misleading though.

Latest posts

Back