Is this Legal...???

I was asking in jest . . .

Actually, neither plan would be primary. When the claim is filed, a good chance both carriers will reject the claim saying the other is primary.

Both the agent and the policyholders are fools.

Dude, GR does not underwrite maternity.

Good chance the second app (if it can be determined which was applied for second, will eventually be rescinded. You can also have the situation where both carriers rescind the policies.

Somarco:

Remember the days when folks carried two plans so that it paid 100%.... one plan would pay 80% and the other would pick up the balance of 20%.....

Kinda miss those days..... I think we're coming back full circle.

What state are you in? In MD duplication of coverage is illegal. I think this agent took this woman for a ride.

Maybe the prospect is telling you a bunch of BS so you will leave her alone. This wouldn't be a smart act by an agent-both policies are likely to be rescinded before he get's paid...

That's my hypothesis... the client doesn't like you and wants you to bugger off and made some crazy story up trying to sound completely covered so you wouldn't try to sell her ANYTHING.

I would give up on this. Sounds like a bad prospect anyway.

Actually the prospect was very nice to me. She even gave me the name and phone number of the Agent...as well as additional business contact info for a friend of mine who's in the same business she's in.

So...i don't think she's BS me.....

The agent sold her 2 policies....(sigh).

Back