Is This True About Columbian Life?

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I had a female age 82 non smoker call me and said that Columbian Life gave her a quote for $106 a month for a 10,000 policy and she has a pace maker.

Was she just blowing smoke or does Columbian Life Really take this and that price is about right?

I would assume that it would be graded?... and for an 82 yr old female, NT, (in PA) would be $247.33/mo for $10k

I had a female age 82 non smoker call me and said that Columbian Life gave her a quote for $106 a month for a 10,000 policy and she has a pace maker.

Was she just blowing smoke or does Columbian Life Really take this and that price is about right?

Compulife shows $124.44/month for $10k for an 82 year old woman with Columbian Life if she qualifies at standard. If they have some type of preferred risk class that doesn't show up on Compulife, she could be right. Doubt she qualifies at standard with a pacemaker, but I know nothing about their guidelines.

Last edited:
The question on the app is in the past 24 months..... pacemaker implant. Not sure if that means one that is already in place or if it has been installed in the last two years.

PS... mostlikely the agent quoted her std over the phone to get the appointment.

BTW... in California, there is no HT and WT question.

Last edited:
To my knowlege underwiting is pretty liberal, I ran into a policy the other day for a 76yr old and she was paying 78ish/mo for 10k, so that price sounds in line.

Secondly I think it just matters how long ago the pacemaker went in, if over 5yrs I dont think that would be a problem at all not being graded.

Columbian also has funeral Preneed insurance that would be VERY liberal health questions but the premiums would be higher.

That Columbian quote seems off to me. Regardless, at that age you should be able to write Lafayette or Oxford for less than Columbian.

I don't mean to dig up an old thread, but I couldn't help but respond. I appointed with Columbian Final Expense and Columbian Mutual Life about a month ago, and the final expense division is very liberal. I did, in fact, write and issue a 64 year old man with a pacemaker a couple weeks ago. He had it put in when he was 60 and no followup surgeries of any kind. The question asks "in the past 24 months". Hope this helps. BTW, I'm very happy with their contract as FYC is 105% on standard issue.

Back