i read the thread from a few years ago
is there any update?

i was contacted by them -
captive
22% commission
6000 annual policy
commission = $1400
they claim 1-2k/week earning
they claim no pay for leads if you produce but all too vague then they claim $200/leads and company matches $200 for $40/live transfer
very vague on the comp plan
and i still am clueless to what the heck they sell?

can all of you pros chime in?

thank you

hello:

i am asking this questions as a new agent seeking opportunity
does anyone have genuine experience (not just gossip) about US Health Advisor
is there any update?

captive
22% commission
6000 annual policy
commission = $1400
they claim no pay for leads if you produce but all too vague then they claim $200/leads and company matches $200 for $40/live transfer

thank you

Well, ask yourself some basic questions (red flags) to come to a conclusion:

1. Commissions - 22% vs the rest of the carriers/industry has gone to 0% commission, and only up to 5% in only certain areas of the country. I guess they got some secret sauce. BTW, ACA carriers are required to pay out 80% in medical claims, paying 22% makes it kind of difficult (some math experts would say it is impossible)

2. Paying a penalty for non compliant coverage - why is there a disclaimer on the brochure about having to possibly pay the 2.5% of income penalty for not owning ACA compliant insurance. On top of the health premium you pay them.

If you didn't know otherwise, you might think it's too good to be true.

Well, ask yourself some basic questions (red flags) to come to a conclusion:

1. Commissions - 22% vs the rest of the carriers/industry has gone to 0% commission, and only up to 5% in only certain areas of the country. I guess they got some secret sauce. BTW, ACA carriers are required to pay out 80% in medical claims, paying 22% makes it kind of difficult (some math experts would say it is impossible)

2. Paying a penalty for non compliant coverage - why is there a disclaimer on the brochure about having to possibly pay the 2.5% of income penalty for not owning ACA compliant insurance. On top of the health premium you pay them.

If you didn't know otherwise, you might think it's too good to be true.

How dare you throw stones at one of the great insurance companies and distribution channels in the history of health insurance!

They are uniquely exempt from ACA compliance, I'll bet you can't find more than 1,000 negative posts about them on this forum, a very low number for a company of that size.

hello:

i am asking this questions as a new agent seeking opportunity
does anyone have genuine experience (not just gossip) about US Health Advisor
is there any update?

captive
22% commission
6000 annual policy
commission = $1400

thank you

Obviously you are wary based on

A. Number of times you say how vague they are
B. Coming here to ask

In short, RUN!

Thank you all for clarity - i read every single post page of USHA - and again just wondering why my email inbox has blown up with 3 USHA managers competing with each other and encouraging me to sign their captive contract... yet no clear English [understandable] sentence on what the heck they sell.

i only learned the word 'indemnity' for my license exam:-)
i still do not know what indemnity coverage is

I figure if I just received CA license and CA did a background check then quickly applied and received 8 more non residential licenses and they all did a background check now why is USHA wanting me to pay $98 for yet another background compliance check, and why would I pay $40/lead transfer which they say is a 'deal' in the industry... oh yes and "$12 for B leads which are not recycled and really good " according to them

Finally when I ask recruiter 1 what my budget is for leads if I did come aboard his reply:
" well when i teach you my secret recipe you will close 65% i will give them to you for free... as long as you produce..." huh?

I find it pathetic that some companies blast job ads with a 200k a year realistic earnings but lack the roadmap of disclosing how to get there?

my 2 cents to newcomers in this insr career :
do not get so overly excited with your fresh license(s) that you feel 'appreciated' by the first insr dude who comes along with contracts to sign. do your homework - ask every stupid question in this forum - there seem to be top posters who love to help us out -

knowledge is power as as a former college professor i know this to be true.

Buen Dia

Indemnity ........... variation of the word indemnify. An insurance policy is designed to indemnify the insured for their loss. Strictest definition of indemnify is to make whole again.

When you have a covered loss under an indemnity contract you are reimbursed (key word) for your loss subject to the policy limits.

If your indemnity policy has a $2,000 surgical schedule and you have a $10,000 surgical procedure, you can expect to be indemnified for your loss but not entirely made whole again. The limits of the policy mean you might get 20% of your out of pocket cost if you are lucky. More likely it will be 10% or less.

I had a client about 2 years ago on one of them and she had a $50k bill. Her great plan covered $2.5k of the 50k

Oh I understand now. thanks for the clarification

----------

Chazm: then how and why are they still be sold?
forget the except from ACA issue, i am not clear what advantages there are with this coverage?

Oh I understand now. thanks for the clarification ---------- Chazm: then how and why are they still be sold? forget the except from ACA issue, i am not clear what advantages there are with this coverage?

This was a few years ago but you can still buy it. It just doesn't follow the guidelines of a ACA plan so they still get penalized.

hello:

thank you

Just write Qualified Health Plans (aka Obamacare) when you can, and Short Term Medical policies when you can't write a QHP.

Be certain to affiliate with a respectable agency in your area, and they'll train you properly to best assist potential clients by knowing what to do, when you can/should do it, and how to get it done.

I have a feeling you'll do just fine in this industry, Prof. Layla.

Back