Issued Preferred Instead of Standard

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Wrote a man with Transamerica who fell and busted his skull on a hardwood floor about 10 years ago. Had a stroke and still has a seizure now and then. He takes sezure drugs and Coumadin. He told me he had taken the Coumadin for less than 2 years so I quoted standard. The underwriter asked me first why I quoted standard. Then later she asked me why he took Coumadin. Now I see that it is issued preferred. This man has been declined by several carriers so I am surprised.

Wrote a man with Transamerica who fell and busted his skull on a hardwood floor about 10 years ago. Had a stroke and still has a seizure now and then. He takes sezure drugs and Coumadin. He told me he had taken the Coumadin for less than 2 years so I quoted standard. The underwriter asked me first why I quoted standard. Then later she asked me why he took Coumadin. Now I see that it is issued preferred. This man has been declined by several carriers so I am surprised.

You should not have written Standard. That is a Prefered case all day long unless he has more than 12-seizures per 24-months.

If taken the blood thinner less than 2 yrs I always get standard. Best underwriting in the business. I write a ton of trans and I can't remember my last decline. If you're a good field underwriter no need for pos.

Maybe I am reading it wrong. My RX guide states if Coumadin has been taken for less than 2 years it is standard. He had a stroke years ago so maybe they are saying if the date of his stroke was over 2 years it is preferred no matter how long he has taken Coumadin?

Maybe I am reading it wrong. My RX guide states if Coumadin has been taken for less than 2 years it is standard. He had a stroke years ago so maybe they are saying if the date of his stroke was over 2 years it is preferred no matter how long he has taken Coumadin?

Coumadin/Warfarin is based on date of incident. which in your case was 10 years ago. so the answer to this is that the date of occurence was over 2 years ago, even though the script is recent.

Have seen them take some pretty outlandish cases but then watch them ordered and phone interview and attending physician statement on a nine-year-old.

I am just so glad that I was able to get the man some coverage. Maybe I will become the neighborhood insuranceman.

Back