Issues Making Appointments

RookieYankee

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm about to just pay for a telemarketer since I am having such a tough time making appointments. It seems like when these people are told they will receive a phone call by an agent regarding life insurance they are fine with it, which is very harmless, but then I give them a call and it seems like when I say that I'll be in their area and if morning or afternoon would work better for them they tell me in one way or another that they don't want it the information anymore or ask "what's this about again?" Then all of the sudden say they have enough life insurance.

My question is this does anyone else come across the same issues? Like they don't mind the call but as soon as you say you'll be in the area they for one way or another say "no"? Granted this is my first year but I am just curious if anyone else has had this issue and what have you done to circumvent it?

I'm about to just pay for a telemarketer since I am having such a tough time making appointments. It seems like when these people are told they will receive a phone call by an agent regarding life insurance they are fine with it, which is very harmless, but then I give them a call and it seems like when I say that I'll be in their area and if morning or afternoon would work better for them they tell me in one way or another that they don't want it the information anymore or ask "what's this about again?" Then all of the sudden say they have enough life insurance.

My question is this does anyone else come across the same issues? Like they don't mind the call but as soon as you say you'll be in the area they for one way or another say "no"? Granted this is my first year but I am just curious if anyone else has had this issue and what have you done to circumvent it?

While you will certainly improve in this area as you go along and will undoubtedly get some good advice from vets, you also have to consider your source. Pretty much everyone I've spoken with says that you are doing well if you set half of your TM leads. There is a reason they cost a lot less than DM.

Just part of the learning curve. Travis said something on the FEX chat last week that I found profound. maybe because I just hadn't thought about it.

He said his advice was coming from over $2.5 million in FE premium written over the last 10 years.

Well dayum!! Why would someone not listen to that? We all have to pay tuition. Some of us have paid far more than we needed to. Why not save yourself time and dollars by hooking up with a journeyman?

You are using TM leads by your post. There's something else Travis says, "why do DM leads cost more, because they are worth it!".

----------

You need to work a lot of leads to get to the ones that will buy. Its a numbers game.

Spoken like a marketer. It might be a numbers game once you have established your numbers. But just throwing leads at a problem is simply foolish.

While you will certainly improve in this area as you go along and will undoubtedly get some good advice from vets, you also have to consider your source. Pretty much everyone I've spoken with says that you are doing well if you set half of your TM leads. There is a reason they cost a lot less than DM.

I think you do well if you set half of your dm leads too. Whats your percentage on appts for direct mail?

I think you do well if you set half of your dm leads too. Whats your percentage on appts for direct mail?

I'd have to look. Don't really track it. I buy a bunch, my setter sets, and I fill in with DK as needed. I have easily written more premium per dollar invested off of DM though.

I'd have to look. Don't really track it. I buy a bunch, my setter sets, and i fill in with DK as needed. I have easily written more premium per dollar invested off of DM though.

So its possible its half or less or more? Ill agree for one reason, dm leads do flat out have a longer shelf life, however i do know people that will dk tele leads even if a month old, lol, i wont.

As far as larger premium and an easier sale i believe its true, however the largest premium i have written to date was off a tele lead and still on the books, sometimes its the indian sometimes the arrow. (Stolen from Gooner)

So its possible its half or less or more? Ill agree for one reason, dm leads do flat out have a longer shelf life, however i do know people that will dk tele leads even if a month old, lol, i wont.

As far as larger premium and an easier sale i believe its true, however the largest premium i have written to date was off a tele lead and still on the books, sometimes its the indian sometimes the arrow. (Stolen from Gooner)

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
Been the bug many times.:1frown:

Admittedly, a lot of the information I got came from setters as I was looking around for one. Across the board the folks who set appointments for a living say they prefer and do much better with DM. In the last few months I have doubled down there and cut out all other sources, and my production has gone through the roof. Maybe my vendor won't be able to keep the flow going forever, but it's going great right now.

DM I can't give a concrete amount. Reason being is ima month in with DM leads. Up to now though my biggest sale has been with DM. My ROI with DM makes my TM ROI look like a joke.

I've made more appointments with DM but there were a few DM leads I've gotten to set appointments with me from door knocking them since I couldn't get them on the phone. Since I couldn't get them on the phone I chalked it up to them screening their calls and not picking up calls from numbers they didn't know. I know I've done that in the passed and imagine other people to do the same.

Back