It looks like Equita is in the Mortgage protection business as well as fe.

Has anyone had experience with their mortgage programs, I know we have some discussion regarding their final expense.

Equita Mortgage Group

A little over 2 years ago when I was going great guns with NAA, Equita offered me free leads and a 90% contract. I took them up on it. With NAA leads, I was making appointments with 75% of the leads and closing 75% of my appointments consistantly.

Equita was sending me 10 to 15 free leads a week for about 2 months. I closed maybe 3 deals from their leads. They were worth every penny I was paying for them.:D

We stopped the experiment as it wasn't working for either of us. At the end of '06, they called me up again and said they were revamping their whole lead program and bringing it in house. They offered to fly my wife and me down to Texas for 3 days on their dime to visit the new facility and sweet talking. I declined the offer.

I have just got back to working with them on the FE side. I am much more impressed with how they do business now. Maybe I should have taken them up on the previous offer?

About all you can do with any lead provider is try them. I've tried leads that some agents swore by and couldn't do anything with. I've told other agents about a lead source that was working great for me and they hated them. NAA for example.

I have a background in sales, but I'm new to this field. I started with NAA & I am selling. But the lead costs and starting commission is making it real tough to feed a family of 5. Recently introduced to Equita....do you have any advice for me? It is deeply appreciated.

How much are they charging you for those leads? You may wanna check into Equita's Mortgage Protection. What part of the country are you in? I believe equita will sell you leads that are 60 days old, for 4.00 a piece, so 100.00$ would buy 25 of those,certainly you can drum up some business from those.

Naa charges $21 for A leads & $12 what they call an A1. The leads are a mixed bag (some people will always blame the leads, I don't want to fall into that category)....based on the response I am getting from some folks I do wonder what is happening. More than one person has adamantly insisted they filled out the form a year ago.

I'm in Florida. What is your experience with Equita? Thanks for any input.

Naa charges $21 for A leads & $12 what they call an A1. The leads are a mixed bag (some people will always blame the leads, I don't want to fall into that category)....based on the response I am getting from some folks I do wonder what is happening. More than one person has adamantly insisted they filled out the form a year ago.

I'm in Florida. What is your experience with Equita? Thanks for any input.

I made a lot of money with NAA leads. The price you pay for leads with them depends on your contract. NAA leads cost me $28 each. It may be more now as I haven't bought one in over a year. For some reason, NAA were always better for me than any other I've used.

The problem I had with NAA was that I was not a recruiter and just wanted to do business with own pen. They started giving first choice of leads in my area to a guy that was building a team, even though I was doing more production by myself than his entire team of 30 agents were doing.

The other problem with NAA leads is that they are shared. I didn't mind getting leads that had gone to those rookies first because I got those free and I could usually do business with them because the person didn't follow up or was drinking the kool aid and tried to go non med on everything. The problem with shared leads is that, even the ones I sold, NAA didn't take out of the system. Two weeks after I had been in the home, some other NAA agent was calling them and claiming to be able to get them a better deal. Even though they couldn't as I had no issues with going fully underwritten, it put a seed of doubt in the client's mind about the whole NAA game.

The Equita mortgage leads a couple of years ago were not very leads, IMO. Those were the free leads. The FE leads that I'm getting from them now are working out quite well. They are $15 each and they are not shared.You must commit to 15 per week and you must do $3000/mo in ap to keep your territory. They will mail however many pieces they need to get you 15 leads per week. The cost to the agent goes down with production. I expect to be paying less than $15 per lead soon. They alos have a new dialer lead where the person leaves a voice mesage for someone to contact them. Those have been really good leads for me so far.

I wasn't impressed with Equita 2 and a half years ago. I have changed my opinion of them now.

I can't speak to their mortgage leads now as I don't get them and it seems that there is a world of difference between the two divisions of Equita.

They would certainly be worth a try. If I was still doing mortgage protection, I would look at them again now.

I have a problem with newbies jumping into this business and just selling "mortgage protection" or "final expense"... because it sounds like they are limited to only these products. I was trained to go in a house, look at the whole picture, and do a needs annalysis { which by the way, includes a portion of the needs/solutions for final expense and mortgage and other things.} then go for a complete life plan that fills the need and budget.

Equita is being actively discussed as an alternative for dissatisfied NAA agents. I stumbled on them after having been recruited to NAA and saying no after seeing all the negative stuff about them. I've heard 3rd hand that they're great - much better than NAA. Make of it what you will

I also tried the NAA leads for a couple of weeks. The ones i had were a joke. People who had already been contacted by 4 or 5 other NAA agents. The area i'm in was getting so saturated if you wanted A1 leads they were like an hour away, out in the middle of nowhere. Why bother with all that driving and paper apps. when you can do everything onling now? Made no sense to me.

Anyone who wants to be in the Mortgage Protection business can shoot me a PM and I'll connect you up with a friend of mine that is as of today still effectively running a MP program.

Equita is twice the opportunity that NAA is but still falls far short of what agent needs to maximize their success.

Back