It looks like Equita is in the Mortgage protection business as well as fe.

What area do they fall short in?

With the addition of a couple of former NAA heavy hitters people will find that it may be tough to get leads in many areas. Additionally the last thing I saw from them was contracts in the 80-90% range.

To compete in that market you need to be getting your leads and/or data directly from the compiler and that can be done without the haircut you'll take on commissions at Equita and not be competing with a recruiting mill agency for those leads.

I would love to hear what you got....obviously Equita is a major improvement over NAA, but it doesn't take much to beat that gig.

It's all about the lead - regardless which marketing group you join. You can do both Final Expense and Mortgage Protection making 100% commission.

The key is the lead.

But - I wouldn't pay more than $10 for a dialer lead or $20 for a qualified direct mail lead.

NAA is an awesome marketing organization. However - I believe their product to be higher than most and their lead program can bankrupt you if you don't produce.

Equita is still in the growing stage I believe. Travis has a decent contract with them if I'm not mistaken.

Good luck.

Tom

So, tell us about your program... what is your commission schedule, what companies are u writing for? Where do u order leads from? etc...

Not going to lay out someone's marketing program, carriers, etc. on an open forum. His program is better than Equita's and without any BS.

For the record Equita is not new in any way to the Mortgage Protection market. What's new is the addition of the former NAA folks that are doing their best to make it another recruiting mill just like NAA.

To compete in that market you need to be getting your leads and/or data directly from the compiler

I use First American Core Logic, Santa Ana, CA (www.facorelogic.com). They are one of the largest compilers of new mortgages. Cost is @ 12 cents per record. Info is 7-10 days after recording date which is good compared to rest of the industry. I download records and email them to my printer. Printer prints postcard, stuffs it in envelop, sorts it for bulk mailing rates and takes it to the post office. Total cost is @ 47 cents per piece with records, printing and postage.

Another good list company is Homeowners Marketing, Van Nuys, CA.

With the addition of a couple of former NAA heavy hitters people will find that it may be tough to get leads in many areas. Additionally the last thing I saw from them was contracts in the 80-90% range.

To compete in that market you need to be getting your leads and/or data directly from the compiler and that can be done without the haircut you'll take on commissions at Equita and not be competing with a recruiting mill agency for those leads.
Win,

I tried to PM but I am new to the forum and it will not allow me until I post 20 times. Maybe you could PM me?

Thanks,

Buddy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Anyone who wants to be in the Mortgage Protection business can shoot me a PM and I'll connect you up with a friend of mine that is as of today still effectively running a MP program.

Equita is twice the opportunity that NAA is but still falls far short of what agent needs to maximize their success.
Sorry I attached to the wrong post. I am interested in your info on the lead program with your friend, I cannot PM until I get 20 post. Can you contact me from this Post?

Last edited:
I ran into a friend of mine in Memphis,TN earlier in the week an we just happened to be staying in the same hotel. This individiual is also in the insurance business, actually the life insurance and mp market.

Well to make a long story short, we sat down to have a drink together and he started with NAA about a year ago, He was working in a "rural" area, where he was practially the only agent and writing 10-15K in life volume every week/weekend. Well this went on for a few months, THEN a younger guy gets hired in that area who wanted to build a team so you can figure out what happened, my friend loses all the leads and it goes to this guy who wants to build his own agency. Even though the younger guy with other agents on his team was not even coming close to writing 10K.

As you might figure my friend leaves NAA, where does he go you might ask? He goes to equita, and has nothing but great things to say about them. He is purchasing their leads that are 90 days and older, he is also buying leads via internet through www.leadcoleads.com

With this combination he is writing he says about 4K in life premiums per week, but he is also traveling anywherefrom New Orelans,La to Memphis, TN.

So it can still be done in this market, you just must be willing make adjustments. He is currenty on a 90% contract, and if he says he is writing that much business I believe him. As long as I have know him, he has always been an honest man.

Afternoon,

WIN could you PM me as well as I dont have enough posts. I would like infomation on the company as well. Thanks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MICKEYMA,

Could you pm me please, I have a question to ask about the infomation you gave off line...Thanks

Last edited:
Back