Its Not All About You

VolAgent

Guru
5000 Post Club
The more insurance agents and business owners in general that I talk to regarding marketing, the more evident it is they don't have a clue what their prospects what. Too many people think it is all about them, that in sales and marketing, what the consumer wants is irrelevant.

Stop treating your prospects like a cog that you can just shove into your process and start listening to what they really want. Once you make this thought shift, sales will come easier, they'll be stickier, and both you and your new client will be happier.

Now I can already imagine what you're thinking. "But if I sell on price..." Who said sell on price? Price does always matter, after all the prospect has to actually be able to pay for it, price is hardly the end all, be all. Most people really do want value for their money, the trick is what they perceive as value may well not be what you perceive as value. And again, this goes back to listening. Stop thinking and start listening and most people can't wait to tell you what they want, what they perceive as valuable. Then it is simply a matter of reaching into your bag and pulling out your solution that offers the desired quality.

You're wrong. It is all about me.

world-revolves-around-me.jpg

Stop thinking and start listening and most people can't wait to tell you what they want, what they perceive as valuable.

Too many sales people think selling is all about telling.

If this is your approach you are probably failing.

Selling is about listening and problem solving. The only reason someone agrees to meet or talk with you is because they know they have a problem but don't know how to fix it.

Back