IUL for diabetic

No worries and thanks for owning your words. I applaud that!

It can indeed be a complex product and I do know the basics. That said, I am never so insecure to admit that I don't what I don't know. About anything! lol

Fisher,

You complicated the question by adding term conversion UL. I also read this like Volagent at the beginning. Once a term is converted to UL or the client bought a UL policy directly does not change anything. He is in a different underwriting class now. If he can get a new permanent policy, you have to look at it if it makes sense. His diabetes is fine with a lot carriers, but something like this will require APS for the heart attack. Then you have to shop it around.

Yes, although that has nothing to do with the intent of this thread. As Walt said, it was unnecessary to even include that in the story.

From what I've seen and what I'm being told....on ONL's IUL, the costs are pretty good. Cap is lower than many others, but it seems many of those may be sliding down.
I have to agree... a heavily rated IUL is probably not what he's going to want - if he was able. Depending on the rating, many companies offer table shave...so it could work if he could get to std.

Rating only affects the amount of death benefit for a given premium. Instead of a $500k death benefit, you might only get a $75k death benefit for the same premium. (Hypothetical numbers of course.)

Back