IUL Presentation Needed ?

Agreed 100%. I can't tell if jerryrut is that ignorant or is being a troll.
I’m ignorant about many things but I’ve been in the insurance biz for 30 years as well as a CPA for over 40; one thing I know as well as anybody in the insurance biz is the numbers; they don’t work for the consumer but works great for companies and agents who don’t have enough sense to do the analysis; they are scams and the next wave of huge lawsuits will prove it; keep selling it and keep your E&O current; also, thanks for creating inventory for agents who do understand it.

I’m ignorant about many things but I’ve been in the insurance biz for 30 years as well as a CPA for over 40; one thing I know as well as anybody in the insurance biz is the numbers; they don’t work for the consumer but works great for companies and agents who don’t have enough sense to do the analysis; they are scams and the next wave of huge lawsuits will prove it; keep selling it and keep your E&O current; also, thanks for creating inventory for agents who do understand it.

Can you give an example of the numbers? Or link to a resource that shows how the numbers don't work? I'm specifically talking about IULs. I'm new to the insurance industry so I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

Keep telling yourself that Mr. CPA. I'll gladly mark out personal client info to show you the original IUL illustrations to prove on most occasions have actually surpassed the current assumption on their IUL illustration. I illustrate converatively around 6.00% instead of an outlandish number and my clients have been very happy and obviously things could change, but that's why I use products with built in guarantees and explain any risk associated and conduct annual reviews.

And if that's the same philosophy you have on Fixed Indexed Annuities, I'm sorry, but if my client getting credited over 13% in a single year, with NO RISK is a scam, then I'll gladly continue "scamming."

Which numbers are you referring to? You provide generalities, but no specifics.

Show me a max-funded IUL and why it "won't work for the consumer". Not a minimum-funded one (unless it's for non-lapse GUL coverage).

Exactly WHY would it be a ripoff to the consumer... and compared to what?

GUL is a scam too? Come on, man. You must be trolling.

What does being a CPA have to do with anything? You're claiming that you know "numbers" ...sure. You're so far off base with your generalizations and claims that I find that hard to believe.

Actually read an IUL (or GUL or VUL) illustration that is correctly structured and you'll change your tune (if you truly understand "numbers")

If you hate UL so much, please tell us what type of insurance you primarily market/sell.

If you hate UL so much, please tell us what type of insurance you primarily market/sell.

Just reviewed his past posts. Almost all of them are in the Final Expense and Senior Insurance forums.

My educated and experienced guess is that all of his personal experience with UL... are imploding policies that he replaced with an FE policy.

Which means that, even as a CPA, he doesn't know what he's talking about in terms of the advanced uses of life insurance and he's looking at it from a far smaller lens than the rest of the fully underwritten world.

This would seem quite appropriate for this thread:
if-you-insist-on-talking-out-your-ass-dont-act-shocked-when-people-call-bullshit-f60d4.png

Last edited:
Can you give an example of the numbers? Or link to a resource that shows how the numbers don't work? I'm specifically talking about IULs. I'm new to the insurance industry so I'm trying to learn as much as possible.[/QUOT

the most important thing about UL is, it’s virtually impossible to afford the amount of coverage that is actually needed. UL is essentially an expensive ART with even more fees added on top of that.

jerryrut....you think that quote has any validity? "It's virtually impossible to afford the amount of coverage that is actually needed. It's essentially an expensive ART with even more fees on top of that."

Obviously you don't know how these products work. Maybe straight whole life is virtually impossible to afford... but add a 10/15/20yr 400k term rider on a 100k base ul/iul and see just how "unaffordable" that is. Not to mention you can convert some or all of those riders w/o underwriting. It can be very valuable in a lot of situations, but you already know that... I mean you're a CPA for crying out loud!

jerryrut....you think that quote has any validity? "It's virtually impossible to afford the amount of coverage that is actually needed. It's essentially an expensive ART with even more fees on top of that."

Obviously you don't know how these products work. Maybe straight whole life is virtually impossible to afford... but add a 10/15/20yr 400k term rider on a 100k base ul/iul and see just how "unaffordable" that is. Not to mention you can convert some or all of those riders w/o underwriting. It can be very valuable in a lot of situations, but you already know that... I mean you're a CPA for crying out loud!
I’ll make you a wager, I can replace 90% of all your UL policies; if what you sold them is so great, you should have no worries:)

"the most important thing about UL is, it’s virtually impossible to afford the amount of coverage that is actually needed. UL is essentially an expensive ART with even more fees added on top of that"

Right so a properly managed IUL with have a decreasing cost of coverage as the client ages...If using for income.

If the policy is simply for the death benefit, then is it not more advantageous to pay the ART cost of insurance for a given year you are alive in versus with an FE or whole life policy paying the cost of insurance when the client is 99 even though they are unlikely to reach that age?

The cost of ART for someone who is 85 on 100k DB is more palatable than taking the cost for 100k DB on a 99 year old and adding that cost to your overall pay to 100 premium?

But again. He is just trolling. I will be the first to admit it was a shiny and tasty lure

Back