I've Been Dipping My Toes in Now I'm Ready to Get Wet!!!....with AIO???

I have sold P&C and health insurance off and on for the past 4 years in a call center environment with reasonable success... even offered to start my own Allstate and Nationwide agencies, but to be honest I was and still am a lil intimated by the cost and just the idea of working for myself. I am currently working full time in the mortgage industry and I want to transition into being an independent life and health agent and Im leaning towards starting out with American Insurance Organization. They talk good game, but is it all talk?....They do require that you assign all commission is this or should this be an issue? and what are the cost for leads and can you advance leads and pay for them out of your commissions? I read there contact and didnt see anything about charge backs, what is policy om charge backs? I plan selling exclusively over the phone and online, if I do any face to face probably will be with small business or seldomly with individuals.....any opinions or insight if AIO would be a good fit for what Im wanting to do???

Bawse,
I do not have much info on AIO but if you are looking for opportunity in P&C I am currently working in a new platform that offers agents the ability to offer a broader spectrum of products and all the big name companies are involved. Our webinar is produced 2 times a week and we record each session for inbetween viewing for all who cant make the showing. Our site is "vis.....com" and you can watch it anytime. after you watch the webinar which is about 30min long send me an email and we can connect on the phone. My email is ...........

Slick, you realize you will be deleted by morning, right.

This site has more agents than MLMinsurance will ever have. If you are lucky enough not to be banned try and offer some value to the forum. That is if you have any. Then maybe you will be lucky enough to get some poor newbie to fall for your New Opportunity. :nah:

Last edited:
I have sold P&C and health insurance off and on for the past 4 years in a call center environment with reasonable success... even offered to start my own Allstate and Nationwide agencies, but to be honest I was and still am a lil intimated by the cost and just the idea of working for myself. I am currently working full time in the mortgage industry and I want to transition into being an independent life and health agent and Im leaning towards starting out with American Insurance Organization. They talk good game, but is it all talk?....They do require that you assign all commission is this or should this be an issue? and what are the cost for leads and can you advance leads and pay for them out of your commissions? I read there contact and didnt see anything about charge backs, what is policy om charge backs? I plan selling exclusively over the phone and online, if I do any face to face probably will be with small business or seldomly with individuals.....any opinions or insight if AIO would be a good fit for what Im wanting to do???

Personally, I would never assign commissions. This alone would cause me to look elsewhere.

What issues would this cause?....Ive never been an independent agent so I dont know of any of the horror stories.....

Considering commissions are being paid to someone else, just let your imagination run wild on the possibilities. I'm not saying your commissions could be stolen, but that is always a possibility. Same goes for renewals. When commissions are assigned, you don't own the business. So if you were to decide to leave this agency and do something different, the renewals stay with the agency.

You can get appointed with multiple carriers directly. You can appoint with carriers through FMO's without assigning commissions. I just see no reason to ever assign commissions. It's a personal preference, but one I certainly live by.

Considering commissions are being paid to someone else, just let your imagination run wild on the possibilities. I'm not saying your commissions could be stolen, but that is always a possibility. Same goes for renewals. When commissions are assigned, you don't own the business. So if you were to decide to leave this agency and do something different, the renewals stay with the agency.

You can get appointed with multiple carriers directly. You can appoint with carriers through FMO's without assigning commissions. I just see no reason to ever assign commissions. It's a personal preference, but one I certainly live by.

:swoon:..... Well like like I said Ive said Ive never been o the independent side of things, but owning my own book and renewals are a BIG influence on me wanting to be independent...I havent contracted with AIO yet and being that I am new to the independent side of thing I wanted to get good advice before making any defining decisions....Buttttttt......I did read back over AIO contract and it does state that in 24 months after the contract has been terminated certian action could cause you to lose "vested commission".... "vested commissions means renewals, right? and if so I can assume that as long as I stay in compliance with the after termination clause I will keep my renewal...:skeptical:

Back