I've Been Replaced?

Baseball7

Guru
1000 Post Club
Had a Foresters client call today and gave me the impression someone came in behind me that smelled a lot like Lincoln heritage and that she was switching to them. She had called me the week prior and gave me the impression that someone had been by but today's phone call was a whole lot more clear. It's a firsr here so what do you guys do in this kind of situation?

Had a Foresters client call today and gave me the impression someone came in behind me that smelled a lot like Lincoln heritage and that she was switching to them. She had called me the week prior and gave me the impression that someone had been by but today's phone call was a whole lot more clear. It's a firsr here so what do you guys do in this kind of situation?

Depending on when her policy is set to draft (change the date it needed) and go to her house to finalize the cancellation (make her believe that's the process) then save her. Just don't let her account draft until you do that to avoid any complaints or headaches.

Try to get back in the house and review what she has with you and what she is buying to replace it if they left any literature. If they didn't, raise the question, "what are they trying to hide?".. Ask questions, what is the purpose of the insurance? (to remind them why they bought in the first place).. What is it about the proposed plan you like better than the one you already have? (this will give you an indication of what the agent has told them without being confrontational) If they have been mislead, then show it in writing in the literature. If you are close to the end of the contestable period, point that out and explain what the contestable period means. I usually ask if I have offended them in some way or failed to adequately explain something to them..I want it on a personal level if I think we have a good relationship.. Also, I do not bad mouth the other agent on a personal level. I might imply the agent is not well trained or doesn't have enough experience to fully understand what they are selling. I never call the agent a liar or anything along those lines because I don't want to take a chance of putting the insured in the position where they think they have to defend the other agent. Don't give up without a fight, but if it turns out that it is a lost cause (and it happens to every agent), move on, put it out of your mind and don't dwell on it. If it means you are going to have a charge-back, don't wait for it to happen but immediately take action to cover it buy increasing your activity.

Pretty sure its a Lincoln Heritage agent. Probably talking AD&D up to match my FA.

Pretty sure its a Lincoln Heritage agent. Probably talking AD&D up to match my FA.

Can't be LH. The LH people that post here say that LH does not replace.

And how in the world could they anyway?

At any rate I go see people whenever there's a problem. I don't handle any of that stuff by phone.

If you pm me I can tell you how they probably replaced you....its not about being cheaper either. And its probably not LH.

more than likely somebody came in behind you and when they saw it was a Foresters product, they brought up the certificate/ policy issue. And they probably told them about the state guaranty fund not honoring certificates.

They put the fear of god in them.

How long has it been in force for? Was it graded coverage or first day? Were they healthy or did they fit the Foresters profile? i.e MS .....
Because there are several carriers that have better rates than Foresters...

Full first day coverage preferred rating. In force for about two months probably redirecting my plan for tomorrow to go see this person in person.

Back