Ive decided on Health

JE INSURANCE

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Orlando
After reviewing some post I feel that i am best suited for HEALTH INSURANCE SALES...I have plentY of sales experience but have no idea where to even start in the health industry...I see a lot of you say to go independent, but with no prior experience selling health, i have no idea where to even start!!! should i go to a company and get trained or just start off getting appointed...any advice is very much appreciatted!!!! thanx

thanx for your advice..I've seen the thread and it has plenty of advice, but I have no idea where to start in the health insurance field...my goal is to eventually go independent but I understand i need to go some where and get some sort of training...I come from the mortgage field and have a very succesful resume and would like to parlay that into the health insurane world, but I would like to know if you know of any companies in South Florida that i can sign up with that will offer me training, thanx again for all your help!!!

Blue might be an option. Very few career shops that are worth considering, but Blue is one place to consider. At least you will have a decent product and a chance to learn

Blue might be an option. Very few career shops that are worth considering, but Blue is one place to consider. At least you will have a decent product and a chance to learn

Could be. Here in Florida, it all depends on which "contracted general agency" you join. Some are good, some are bad, and some are ugly.

Potential drawbacks include BRUTAL underwriting (50% decline rate) along with comp that'll keep you skinny....

When I joined a MD brokerage in 2004 for BX I also wanted to sell small group. My training was a large package of brochures in the mail and unreturned phone calls. One of my buddies ended up on salary with Mamsi - owned by UHC. Training was "there's the phone - start making calls." A senior agent was more than happy to accompany newbies on appointments....and take the commission.

thanx for your advice..I've seen the thread and it has plenty of advice, but I have no idea where to start in the health insurance field...my goal is to eventually go independent but I understand i need to go some where and get some sort of training...I come from the mortgage field and have a very succesful resume and would like to parlay that into the health insurane world, but I would like to know if you know of any companies in South Florida that i can sign up with that will offer me training, thanx again for all your help!!!

Nope, know of no agency you could land in. BTW, the trng that you might think exists is pretty much a myth. They will point you in hte direction of the brochures, telephone and a few other crutches, oh and the break room, and that is about what you get.

My suggestion is, use the same knowledge and drive you used oin the mtg industry. GOYA and go get em... There is nothing that you can't overcome on your own with some oversight here and a few other resources. Sure, you will bump you noggin along the way, but persistence will pay off. It isn't going to be easy, but the easy things don't pay too well.

Well there's no better advice for new agents then:

1) Go join and agency
2) Take as-earned commissions so you spend your own money for a year
3) Work a part-time job selling pizza's

from agents who cannot at all relate even 1% to what's it's like to be new in this business. Lord have mercy.

Can't say about FL Blues, but in many states Blue hires reps (salary, bonus, etc.). I was not suggesting an agency affiliation but if that is the only way then you may only have limited options.

Back