J.D. Mellberg anyone worked with them?

shooter

Guru
100+ Post Club
JD Mellberg contacted me about working appointments
for them in my area.
They seem to be a large company out of Tuscon. Arizona.
I believe you have to attend training at their faculty before
seeing appointments.
These are preset annuity appointments.
Prospects with a minimum of $50,000 to invest.
Not leads.
They pay 45% street as commission if you make a sale.
Of course the client is theirs, not yours.

I an not recruiting for this company, nor do I work with them at this time.
I just wanted some feed back for other independent agents.
Your thoughts and ideals would help me to determine if this is
an opportunity or a boondoggle.

Thanks,
Shooter

If legit, this will be the best deal that you can possibly find in the annuity space as a retail agent outside of doing it all yourself (via seminars/networking/leads/etc.)

Annuity leads are very difficult to find and when you do, they're normally hundreds of dollars.

Preset appointments, if you know what you're doing, will be a huge revenue generator. Hopefully, they can give you the volume to make it worthwhile.

That split seems fair to me. Do they want you to sign a non-solicit?

Ray thanks for the input.

They claim they can give me 10 to 15 appointments a month.
They do commercials,radio, and television.
Have the person call in and are qualified, then set an appointment.

I can't say about the non-solicit.
But I know the client belongs to them.

It is a f2f sale only, and you gather info on the first visit
send it to Mellberg, they pick the product and send the info
back.
You go close the sale.

I guess I feel like I'm building there business.
Not mine.
I understand I would be just a clerk taking orders.
But the money looks nice.
They also sell SPL.
Shooter

If the client belongs to them walk away!!! I see absolutely not benefit for you by working with them. Buy you own leads, make all the money, and above all don't become a policy peddler.
I found the best way to get in the door for a senior client is helping them with their Medicare then moving on to other things. Don't buy into the hype of their leads I will guarantee you most of them are dogsh$t.

Last edited:
If the client belongs to them walk away!!! I see absolutely not benefit for you by working with them. Buy you own leads, make all the money, and above all don't become a policy peddler.
I found the best way to get in the door for a senior client is helping them with their Medicare then moving on to other things. Don't buy into the hype of their leads I will guarantee you most of them are dogsh$t.

I am leaning in that directions myself.
Thanks for the input.
Now hit the links!
Shooter

JD Mellberg contacted me about working appointments
for them in my area.
They seem to be a large company out of Tuscon. Arizona.
I believe you have to attend training at their faculty before
seeing appointments.
These are preset annuity appointments.
Prospects with a minimum of $50,000 to invest.
Not leads.
They pay 45% street as commission if you make a sale.
Of course the client is theirs, not yours.

I an not recruiting for this company, nor do I work with them at this time.
I just wanted some feed back for other independent agents.
Your thoughts and ideals would help me to determine if this is
an opportunity or a boondoggle.

Thanks,
Shooter

I have some material on lead generation that I would be willing to share. Send me a message.

Have you ever decided to go on with JD Mellberg? They reached out to me too with the same pitch.
Thank you so much.

Have you ever decided to go on with JD Mellberg? They reached out to me too with the same pitch.
Thank you so much.

I haven't decided to go with them.
You have to go to their training in Arizona before you
can start.
I think they have one each month.
Let me know what you think about them.
I'm not 100% either way currently.

Shooter

Have never worked for them, but I am familiar with them. They advertise very heavily on the internet. I think Mellberg even has an infomercial type tv show. I am sure they get a lot of leads. They also have an aggressive (annoying?) drip email orogram.

My only direct expeience with them came from one of my good clients. She told me some annuity guy was coming to review her annuity. She wanted me there. The agent drove from Irvine to Woodland Hills in morning So Cal rush hour traffic (had to be over. 90 minutes each way). I met him in the driveway for 2 minutes and the. He left. I hope that doesn't happen to him 10-15 times per month.

On the practical side, if you really had 10 to 15 qualified appointments per month, in time you would close 30%. - if they actually have $50,000 + and know why you were coming. That would be 3 to 5 sales per month. Industrywide, the average sale is about $65,000. That means $195,000 to $325,000 in monthly premium.

With a typical street commission of 6 to 7%, that would be between $12,000 and $22,000 or so in commission. 45% of that would be Between $5,400 and $9,900. Say you were in the middle of that, it would mean about $7,700 a month in commissions.

If $7,700 a month is good for you, give them a very serious look. If it isn't, move on. I wouldn't get hung up on who the clients belong to. They will always think of you as their agent. In California at least, non compete contracts are rarely enforceable. I would get hung up on my contracts and getting released if it doesn't work out.

Good luck

Back