JM Marketing--Marketing to Government Employee Unions, Etc

Cenla Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Is anyone here familiar with JM Marketing? JM Marketing Benefits

They market insurance and financial services to government employee unions and other groups and agencies. I've talked to at least one other marketing org. who does similarly. They get the endorsement of the union or association and then market to the individual members.

With the federal employees it seems that a big emphasis is "helping them understand their benefits" which reportedly the feds don't do a very good job of. Then recommendations are made based on that.

Is anyone familiar with this market in general? It appears to be similar to worksite in some respects but with more of a focus on this niche.

It seems like a great market to go after. Since some of the Gov employees are not aware of how there plan works or the benefits.

There might be a good niche as well for work site benefits like American Heritage.

Know nothing about them. Did some work a few years ago with another firm. They mostly offered STD and life through a pension max presentation.

The guy I worked with called on Post Offices and military bases.

It was a lot easier to get in these places then (before 9/11). Of course the govt had plenty of our money then and they weren't talking about closing bases and post offices.

You could go at any time and someone always had time to talk.

Not any more.

Looks like these folks are mostly peddling junk products.

This org. has a focus on USDA farm service county office employees, among others.

It looks like they focus on life, LTC, cancer, accident, DI and maybe a few other things, including some annuities. I'll have to look more at the specific products. They use some major carriers, but so do NAA and Insphere.

After some time away from the business due to health reasons, I'm looking for a way back in that hopefully doesn't involve starting from scratch. But I don't have the time or $$ to make a mistake either.

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of travel. You up for that?

It is a lot of travel, which they've been very upfront about. Under the right circumstances I wouldn't mind it. At this point I'd prefer that to working in an office all day if it will pay off financially relatively quickly. I'm going to look over the contracting and compensation paperwork that is being sent later and see if I want to pursue it further.

If it's going to require a lot of $$ out of pocket up front to get going then I'd probably be better off trying to sell supps again. I've got a lot of names and numbers (almost all over 70 by now) but little budget.

Windshield time + $3.50/gallon isn't a lot of fun.

You can sell gap plans by phone. Won't make as much, but you can thrown in some other products when it fits and make up the difference.

Back