Job or Independent

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
which would you choose?

Corporate salaried position or independent agent?

Nice base about 75% of what I have been bringing in the last couple years but consistent income vs the opportunity to earn much more or much less.

I think You will find most here are independent
However, this is a personal decision
I feel like it comes down to the same I tell my clients on which cov

It depends on your mindset

Are you more for the right now, Then Salaried position will be the way to go

Are you more for the future and are willing to sacrifice the right now, Willing to put in the $$ ,time & work for a better future The Independent is the way to go

No easy answer here. Nothing wrong about 401k,benefits, salary, and stability. Plenty to say about independent with none of those but a potential big check. There is no right answer.

which would you choose?

Corporate salaried position or independent agent?

Nice base about 75% of what I have been bringing in the last couple years but consistent income vs the opportunity to earn much more or much less.

This is a decision where you need to evaluate your skills, ability, and wantingness... vs the anticipated income of the corporate position.

Your skills CAN get you up to 7-figures (if you have the skills, ability, and desire)... but if it's just "not in you"... then take the corporate position.

This is a decision where you need to evaluate your skills, ability, and wantingness... vs the anticipated income of the corporate position.

Your skills CAN get you up to 7-figures (if you have the skills, ability, and desire)... but if it's just "not in you"... then take the corporate position.

The crazy thing is that I have been making 6 figures for the last several years which has not been that difficult but for some reason I always seem to chase the guarantee of a salary along with being independent because I am always worried that it could stop or become much less down the road for some reason. Hard to admit but it is a confidence issue. Unfortunately the corporate role does not allow any outside business.

The crazy thing is that I have been making 6 figures for the last several years which has not been that difficult but for some reason I always seem to chase the guarantee of a salary along with being independent because I am always worried that it could stop or become much less down the road for some reason.

Yes, that could happen or it might never happen.

The solution to the "what if" is to salt away as much of those 6 figures as possible.

Yes, that could happen or it might never happen.

The solution to the "what if" is to salt away as much of those 6 figures as possible.

This! Put money away and know that if the market shifts, you have time to recover. I use to get more worried about this kind of thing, but I know that if I am willing to hustle and do the ugly parts of a sales job that no one likes (prospecting), then there will always be opportunities.

I could never work a corporate sales job unless I was completely desperate. You are going to have to do the same work either way, I would rather build equity and have the freedom to run it how I want.

Reactions: DHK

Seven figures? I assume that's but starting an independent agency with a huge downline? I guess the better question would be, what would it take to make seven figures?

Back