John Hancock Personal Worksheet

So, it has been a LONG time since I looked at a John Hancock application too closely as its rates have not been competitive for my clients in 13 years.

Today I looked on the JH Personal Worksheet and saw this statement.

Have you considered whether you could afford to keep this policy if the premiums went up, for example, by 50% or more?

Now, every other Personal Worksheet I have seen with every other insurance company says 20%, not 50%.

Will this be the new required language on all Personal Worksheet forms, or did John Hancock elect to do this on its own recognizing that it has requested some rate increases significantly greater than 20% in the past and is electing to be proactive to minimize possible future class action liability?

I don't know the answer to your question, but with what has been happening in the last 5-6 years, 50% might be more realistic than 20% don't you think?

I don't know the answer to your question, but with what has been happening in the last 5-6 years, 50% might be more realistic than 20% don't you think?

Maybe over the life of the policy but that % is not relevant on a policy written today (as a % of total out of pocket...e.g. 50% in 15 years may equate to 20% over the life of the policy) and we would certainly look towards pricing today vs. previously issued policies (with earlier policies likely to have greater rate increases)

I wonder though if the worksheet has some type of state appoved language based on previous rate increases...

Interesting.

originally posted by ltcadviser

Today I looked on the JH Personal Worksheet and saw this statement.

Have you considered whether you could afford to keep this policy if the premiums went up, for example, by 50% or more?

Jack,
What policy series are you talking about?

CC3 in NY still shows 20%.

Back