Just A New Guy Looking For Advice

Good Afternoon!

I'm fairly new to the Medicare Supp/Medicare Advantage game. I've gone through all the training and certifications needed for the office I work at but they aren't going to actually have me take on any clients until next year. I'll just be running drug plans and helping out as needed, which is okay because i'm paid hourly currently. So starting next year I'll start taking on clients and I was just looking for a few pointers from the experts. Any advice is appreciated :)

Good Afternoon!

I'm fairly new to the Medicare Supp/Medicare Advantage game. I've gone through all the training and certifications needed for the office I work at but they aren't going to actually have me take on any clients until next year. I'll just be running drug plans and helping out as needed, which is okay because i'm paid hourly currently. So starting next year I'll start taking on clients and I was just looking for a few pointers from the experts. Any advice is appreciated :)
Most guys on here are independent. I would recommend Christopher Westfall's training site to start. Just don't let your boss catch you because they may not like you knowing how the real business works!

Sounds like they got you doing the grunt work this upcoming season. Is the hourly rate really worth doing that?

A while back ago you were looking into final expense. what happened with that?

You're never going to go anywhere in that agency or anywhere else unless you step up your game! There's no money in running drug plan comparisons. You need to be in sales!

You need to go knock on doors or pick up the phone and make some calls. Those are the only jobs you should be accepting! Trust me! It will make a man out of ya! Learn how to bring in lots of leads daily for an agency and you'll get noticed and get paid much more than you are now!

Don't settle for peanuts Dylan! I know you got it in you!

Start here!
Be Obsessed in Sales - Grant Cardone TV

At the time I was looking for information on selling life insurance I was also going through a lot of personal/financial problems so it didn't work out at the time. I think that the hourly wage for doing the grunt work one season is worth it. I'll be taking on some clients during this AEP and then I'll be getting more starting next year. I really appreciate the confidence boost you have give me but I'm just not ready to spread my wings and fly at this point. I think making it through a couple of AEP's will allow me to get a firm grasp on everything.

Thanks again

Good Afternoon!

Learn everything you can and be ready to move on if they don't pay you full commission on the Sales you end up making!

Back