Just Another Day at the Office...more used car salesmen

Well, nothing amazes me anymore.

A couple in florida called me up to once again help them decide between 2 local agents, one recommending LifeSecure policy; the second agent recommending a 40% more expensive Transamerica policy. They were weighing the financial ratings of Transamerica vs the price of LifeSecure.

So I guess I couldn't help myself, but I asked them why they didn't just ask one of their agents to get them a Mass Mutual policy. Also 40% less than Transamerica and of course MM is A++.

No brainer.

Well, turns out the couple was very familiar with Mass Mutual and they ask me to apply them to Mass Mutual.

I mail completed application to them to sign/return with 2 months premium. 10 days go by. No return application.

So, the couple tells me that they applied to Transamerica because their local agent told them

"The Mass Mutual quote is a bait and switch-it won't happen"

Just unreal. Yeah, filed rates with state insurance commissioners are a bait and switch.

Once again, an insurance agent just lying through his teeth to preserve his business;

I should have left well enough alone and just told them to flip a coin rather than even attempt to mention the preferable Mass Mutual option.

Last edited:
Well, nothing amazes me anymore.

A couple in florida called me up to once again help them decide between 2 local agents, one recommending LifeSecure policy; the second agent recommending a 40% more expensive Transamerica policy. They were weighing the financial ratings of Transamerica vs the price of LifeSecure.

So I guess I couldn't help myself, but I asked them why they didn't just ask one of their agents to get them a Mass Mutual policy. Also 40% less than Transamerica and of course MM is A++.

No brainer.

Well, turns out the couple was very familiar with Mass Mutual and they ask me to apply them to Mass Mutual.

I mail application to them. 10 days go by. No return application.

So, the couple tells me that they applied to Transamerica because their local agent told them

"The Mass Mutual quote is a bait and switch-it won't happen"

Just unreal. Yeah, filed rates with state insurance commissioners are a bait and switch.

Once again, an insurance agent just lying through his teeth to preserve his business;

I should have left well enough alone and just told them to flip a coin rather than even attempt to mention the peferable Mass Mutual option.

I think he did you a favor.

Or they keep the policy....

I am more disillusioned with insurance professionals that do not care about the best interests of the client.

It is not too diffucult to figure out unisex pricing trumps gender based pricing.

Yea, bait and switch .... Brilliant conclusion....

Back