Just for fun

G

What's the worst or funniest experience you've ever had with a sales person or telemarketer?

:D

The funnest thing I have ever heard is the Tom Mabe telemarketer telephone prank!

Last edited by a moderator:
The funnest thing I have ever heard is the Tom Mabe telemarketer telephone prank!

YouTube - Prank Call - Telemarketer Calls Murder Scene

That really is the best thing I've ever heard!!

So funny.

Well, my story doesn't compare to that.

My first brand new car years ago was a Hyundai and I'm at the dealer looking at one in particular and I see a really hot chick at the dealership, I comment on her and the salesman says, that's my sister, you take the car today and I'll get her to go out with you!

The "you can date my sister" close. Totally crazy!

:huh:

Funniest was today. A lady said she wanted to give me something. She went into the other room and got a stuffed teddy bear she said I could give to my dog. Then from behind her back she pulled out a tube of Preparation H. She said , "I bet you think you know what I do with this, but you would be wrong. " She got a glimmer in her eye...then she opened up the tube and went over to the mirror in her living room.....and looked in the mirror...she said..."do you know why I don't have any wrinkles even though I'm 75 years old?"
Then she squirted some of the Preparation H into her hand and held it out to me. She said "see...I put this on my face. It takes away wrinkles".

I thought she was going to try to sell me some Preparation H. Happily, I was wrong.

I bought a VW GTI about 20 years ago. The salesman would best be described as a wannabe Andrew Dice Clay. He was trying to sell the Scotch Guard for the interior which was about $200. He said:

"You should get the Scotch Guard, that way when you have a girl in the backseat, you do not have to worry about the love stains"
:bump:

As far as as me on a sales appointment, a few weeks ago I went to the house of an 80 year old woman who was wearing a sheer see through black top that said Las Vegas with a black bra underneath.

So, just out of curiosity, did you get a date with the hottie?

Yes, actually. She worked there, and it was his sister, I was a long haired rocker at the time so it was easy to get ass and it didn't matter that I was looking at a Hyundai. Good times.

I bought a VW GTI about 20 years ago. The salesman would best be described as a wannabe Andrew Dice Clay. He was trying to sell the Scotch Guard for the interior which was about $200. He said:

"You should get the Scotch Guard, that way when you have a girl in the backseat, you do not have to worry about the love stains"
:bump:

As far as as me on a sales appointment, a few weeks ago I went to the house of an 80 year old woman who was wearing a sheer see through black top that said Las Vegas with a black bra underneath.

Did she have a tube of preparation H?

I have a old (out of print) book published by National Underwriter, "Smile With Me", that are funny insurance agent experiences. I don't have time now to report any of the really funny ones but one agent had an appointment with a Mr. Johnson at 2:00. When he arrived he could see into the office and Mr. Johnson was speaking to another agent that he recognized. Instead of asking the receptionist for Mr. Johnson he asked for Mr. Williams instead not knowing even if there was a Mr. Williams who worked there. A Mr. Williams came out and he sold him a policy. He came back later and sold Mr. Johnson.

Back