Just Got Started Suggestions and Ideas Welcomed

Ind_Agent

I just got started with Insurance and I am only doing Life for starters. I am in the State of Georgia and I am looking for companies I can sign up as an Agent so I can have options for my clients. In addition, if you all can contribute and share your biggest mistakes, it would be awsome. I thank you all in advance for sharing your knowledge and expertise in sharing what has worked and what hasn't.

I just got started with Insurance and I am only doing Life for starters. I am in the State of Georgia and I am looking for companies I can sign up as an Agent so I can have options for my clients. In addition, if you all can contribute and share your biggest mistakes, it would be awsome. I thank you all in advance for sharing your knowledge and expertise in sharing what has worked and what hasn't.

I would find a good FMO and sign up with them but just be sure they grant releases if requested.

Be careful who you get advice from. Make sure they are actually doing what you want to accomplish.

In saying that, having a good mentor is a huge asset.

What is an FMO and how do the releases go. Sorry but totally fresh and a newbie

FMO is Field Marketing Organization or sometimes IMO (Iindependent Marketing Organization). They are basically middlemen who can give you access to multiple carriers with a commission rate which is often as good as you can get going direct or equal. FMO will also give you access to training, leads, and back office support depending upon the FMO and what you need. There are participants on here who do this.

FMO's require you to sign a contract but some will not grant you a release if you request it. If they will not grant a release you will have to go from 6-12 months without producing anything to gain a release for the companies you were appointed with through the FMO. It is a form of indentured servitude.

Latest posts

Back