Just One Man's Opinion....

retread

Guru
1000 Post Club
Kansas
But wouldn't it help a lot if the economy improved so that many unemployed that lost their health insurance due to layoffs or termination would again be eligible for group insurance?

Why focus on trying to re-invent the wheel?

Secondly, where in the world are the "truth watchers" when you need them? Michael Moore made a film that completely misinterpreted data from the census bureau, such that even representatives from the census bureau pointed out his error, but couldn't be heard over the noise of the Moore-cheering crowd.

It bears repeating: Health Care Lie: '47 Million Uninsured Americans'

This is from 2007, folks! Because the search for truth was ignored, time after time, Moore's distorted "facts" were repeated until most everyone believed them. It is classic politics: repeat a lie often enough and people will think it is "fact".

If government took into account the actual number of uninsureds that qualify and want help, then they might be able to appropriate the funds to assist in a bridge to them.

Putting the financial burden of insuring "non-citizens", "invincible" (irresponsible) young adults, intractibly resistant but qualified social program eligibles, et al, included in this census count on the backs of the rest of us is not just.

I am sure that many here have been dumbfounded at the excuses why someone will not buy an affordable health policy and spurt out "I am not sick... I don't need Health insurance." (Like they don't need fire insurance because their house is not on fire.... etc.) But they really need that nice big plasma TV!

People who are socially irresponsible should be eliminated from the count of the truly needy. If only the government had the guts to do the right thing....

Well, the people of Massachusetts rose up a cry of "we're mad as hel* and we are not going to take it any more!" Keep in mind these are LIBERAL DEMOCRATS! It took a long time for them to come around, but after paying through the nose for their own expensive state plan, realized that more of the same would eventually bankrupt us all, but especially them. Self-interest will win out, even among liberals at some point ......

Boy, did they do a number on OBama...:)

I imagine the White House is scambling to find out how to get in front of the crowd so they will appear to be leading it.

It took a long time for them to come around, but after paying through the nose for their own expensive state plan, realized that more of the same would eventually bankrupt us all, but especially them. Self-interest will win out, even among liberals at some point ......

There it is.
In all its glory ... the truth. I've heard tell it will set you free?
Collectivism does not work. Is it not a full time job to take care of ourselves and our own?
To be responsible for those things?
I was thinking the exact same things about MA. Anyone can "take the high road" and proclaim that we need "equal coverage / access for all, etc., who could argue that? Who would want anything different? Alas, this is romanticism. Idealism. Fantasy.
"All about bucks kid, everything else is just conversation."
All successful economies are born of classism, Without it, there is no monetary movement and we have stagnation. The people living in such a state lose heart and just stop trying because therein lies no hope. Hope is important.
Barry said some nice words last night. The circus came to town and the dogs barked.
Breaks over, back to work.

Back