Just Signed Up for MAPD & Wants Out ASAP

Mink

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
They had a Med Sup for years & just joined a MAPD. My understanding is they have to wait until after Jan. 1 & then get a Feb 1 start date on their old Med sup. Anyone know a way to get out now & resume old Med Sup like nothing happened. But then you have the PDP issue wanting to start Jan 1. Thanks.

If it's for a 1/1 effective they can cancel it now if they contact the carrier.

If they want a PDP they can sign up for the PDP and the last one in will trump the MA (unless it's a pffs).

Then when they sign up for a PDP for Jan 1 start date, the carrier will prob say the AEP is over. Do they use a SEP to enroll for Jan 1? What is the SEP?

Then when they sign up for a PDP for Jan 1 start date, the carrier will prob say the AEP is over. Do they use a SEP to enroll for Jan 1? What is the SEP?

My apologies, I was incorrect. I was thinking of the old AEP rules.

They had a Med Sup for years & just joined a MAPD. My understanding is they have to wait until after Jan. 1 & then get a Feb 1 start date on their old Med sup. Anyone know a way to get out now & resume old Med Sup like nothing happened. But then you have the PDP issue wanting to start Jan 1. Thanks.

Throw the agent under the CMS bus. Tell CMS that they never met with the agent and the agent forged their signature on the MA app.
Disregard this approach if you are the agent.

They can use the trial right, but that doesn't start until Jan 1 either. So not much they can do before going back to sup on 2/1.

Rick

I am assuming they had a med supp/pdp combo right?

If so they simply withdraw the mapd application and usually within 10 days or so CMS will restore them to the pdp plan they were on.CMS has always been consistent with this process in my experience.I had 2 of these this AEP

Back