Just Started Selling Final Expense

Discussion in 'Getting Started Selling Insurance' started by Bozack23, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Bozack23

Bozack23 Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Ok so today was my second day in the field selling Final Expense working aged leads. First day went really good. Knocked 12 doors and was only able to get one presentation in but wrote the guy a policy. Second day knocked 15 doors with 0 presentations but set 5 appts. for next week.

2. Kat007

Kat007 Member

State:
    Hawaii
    Re: Just Started

Are those aged direct mail leads or internet life insurance leads?

Good job!

3. Cory

Cory Well-Known Member

State:

Good stuff and congrats!!! Your persistence will pay off...please do provide more feedback on the leads.

4. jdeasy

jdeasy Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky

Good job but I wouldn't schedule out for the next week. One day out is tops for me. I know some agent that schedule 2 days out. None that go a week out and has success with it.

5. ewilkins

ewilkins Well-Known Member

State:
    Oregon

Wow congrats to you. Did you just do random door knocking or were they leads that had been given to you?

6. Bozack23

State:
    Pennsylvania

The leads I have are aged direct mail leads and are 4 years old. I got them really cheap. I wanted something a little fresher but that's what was available in my area. I went in thinking this will be good practice for my door approach and hopefully get to do a few presentations and then I write the first guy that lets me in!! Should be all down hill from here, right?:laugh:

J.D., I hear you on the appointments being so far out. I tried to set everyone for tomorrow or Saturday but no takers. I will be calling Monday to confirm those appointments.

7. ewilkins

ewilkins Well-Known Member

State:
    Oregon

Hey Bozack. I sent you a PM to find out where you purchased the leads. Not sure if they want us to advertise on the forum. Thanks!

8. xrac

xrac Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana

Have you found many of those leads have already purchased or passed away?

9. Bozack23

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Found a few no longer reside at the address listed. I asked the person who came to the door if they new the person(so i could track them down if they moved) but nobody knew the person on the lead so not sure if any had passed away.

10. HoosierLife

HoosierLife Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Even if they've moved, I would build some rapport with the current resident, something simple will work, like what kinda flowers are those...they really caught my eye as I walked up (people love talking about themselves) then transition into something like "We'll, John (make sure you've gotten their name) while I have you here, and then intro into a cold call sales pitch.