Just Starting with Medicare Quotes

ZenSamurai

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
New York
I noticed that Ritter, CSG and health plan one have different quotes per medicare supplement, who do you use for your quoting system to quote people for their medicare supplements?

Ritter has a nice free one but he might want you to put a contract with him.

I think all my med supp contracts are with him minus equitable. The thing is I saw three different quotes. One with Ritter's, one with CSG's and another with Health Plan One. Why are there three different quotes and how do you quote somebody when there are three different quotes.

I think all my med supp contracts are with him minus equitable. The thing is I saw three different quotes. One with Ritter's, one with CSG's and another with Health Plan One. Why are there three different quotes and how do you quote somebody when there are three different quotes.

I haven't experienced that, talk to them see if they have answer.

I noticed that Ritter, CSG and health plan one have different quotes per medicare supplement, who do you use for your quoting system to quote people for their medicare supplements?

Csg is the most accurate. Also, when you print quotes to PDF the layout looks much better with CSG than it does with Ritters quote tool. The benefit to the Ritter tool is that you can quote any state for free, with CSG you need to pay for the ability to quote in each state.

Csg is the most accurate. Also, when you print quotes to PDF the layout looks much better with CSG than it does with Ritters quote tool. The benefit to the Ritter tool is that you can quote any state for free, with CSG you need to pay for the ability to quote in each state.

The only benefit to Ritter for me is that it shows all payment modes unlike csg which only shows monthly or annual payments. Csg is my go to...

This may help and explain why you see different quotes - a few different factors can be at play...

1. CSG automatically factors in EFT discounts, if applicable.
2. Some carriers have different levels - for instance UHC
3. Pay attention to effective dates when quoting. I've made mistakes in the past by not checking effective dates - at least with CSG it will factor in the rate changes.

When in doubt - CSG is likely more accurate.
When really in doubt - the latest outline of coverage from the carrier's online portal is the best.

I would highly suggest looking into subscribing directly to CSG. You have to be careful using quoting software affiliated with any marketing company, as the marketing company can pick and choose which carriers they want to have displayed. Many marketing companies use CSG as their quoting software, but choose which carriers they either do or don't want to be displayed. If you subscribe directly to CSG, it gives you the ability to pick and choose which carriers you want displayed or simply choose to show all.

Back