Just Threw Out A Jerk Client

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
So I had a client who's just nasty & to make a long story short they were being 100% unreasonable & she was being a stupid stupid b*tch. Soooooo I told her to go get her insurance elsewhere because I won't deal w/ people like her (and said it snidely.)

I just cost myself about $1,000 in commissions & I think I should have just shut my mouth and let her run her mouth & keep making my renewals on her.

Gets me every single time! I should put money first and not care when people are @$$holes.

So I had a client who's just nasty & to make a long story short they were being 100% unreasonable & she was being a stupid stupid b*tch. Soooooo I told her to go get her insurance elsewhere because I won't deal w/ people like her (and said it snidely.)

I just cost myself about $1,000 in commissions & I think I should have just shut my mouth and let her run her mouth & keep making my renewals on her.

Gets me every single time! I should put money first and not care when people are @$.

Money isn't every thing. However, even if it were, a client like that could cost you much more than the commission you make off her. They can destroy your attitude and positive frame of mind.

Gets me every single time! I should put money first and not care when people are @$.

I'm only saying this because you bring it up, but judging from a lot of your other posts like this one, dealing with your anger issues could probably improve your business and personal life quite a bit.

Patience is certainly a virtue that comes more easily to some folks than myself, but it's worth pursuing.

Why were they angry?

In some cases, even if the customer is unreasonable, if it was your mistake you gotta take it like a man. Sometimes relationships become stronger on the other side of conflict, and we are in the relationship business.

FEMA raised the flood insurance prices & she was blaming my agency for it despite me patiently explaining we don't control the rates & even offering private flood insurance. They have 7 flood claims in excess of 20k in the last 3 years.

When somebody is being like this i ALWAYS respond with professionalism & patience first. But once I've done that & explained concisely that it's not our fault etc & they keep on disrespecting me then yes...I can't maintain patience. I gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME.

It happens. One of the really nice things about being in this business is you DO get to pick and choose who you want to work with and visa versa.

Wish her luck, let her go and don't spend much more time on it. The quicker you forget about her, the better off you'll be.

Back