Just Threw Out A Jerk Client

100% on board with firing bad clients

Made a call to a local car dealership recently and told the owner if his salesperson called my office and cursed at a staff person again we will no longer accept any calls from his dealership. It feels liberating to take a stand and let someone know that their business is not worth the aggravation....despite the immediate pay cut :biggrin:

I wouldn't be nasty about it, but some clients you do have to say no to. No, I cannot provide services for you because we disagree. No, because our vision on how our relationship should work are to different. So yes, it's fine reject a client. However, don't burn a bridge that can send you referrals.:D

Personally, I don't want referrals from a jerk client. 29 years in this has taught me that jerk clients associate with more jerk clients.

I disagree. I have fired jerk clients, but didn't burn the bridge when doing it. Referrals from these former jerk clients are my largest accounts now, and I still receive referrals from these jerk clients. It's all how you approach it.

I almost fired a jerk on Friday. Safeco calls and says they have a client on the line who has been calling my office and cell for a week and can't reach me(not true) I hear the client on the other end telling the Safeco rep we take her money, we increased her rates to pocket the money and on and on about why her bill rent from $30 to $33 a month the last year. The lady is on eft so we never touched her money. She is talking about switching to another agent because I am so terrible. Then she hangs up and calls my cell, sweet as sunshine and asks if my kid can mow her lawn for $20. So because I kept my mouth shut I got to keep that $39 a year in commission off her.

I almost fired a jerk on Friday. Safeco calls and says they have a client on the line who has been calling my office and cell for a week and can't reach me(not true) I hear the client on the other end telling the Safeco rep we take her money, we increased her rates to pocket the money and on and on about why her bill rent from $30 to $33 a month the last year. The lady is on eft so we never touched her money. She is talking about switching to another agent because I am so terrible. Then she hangs up and calls my cell, sweet as sunshine and asks if my kid can mow her lawn for $20. So because I kept my mouth shut I got to keep that $39 a year in commission off her.

Sounds very familiar here. LOL

But, did your son also get the $20?

Absolutely hillarious!

Back