Just took my UHC MAPD Certification. It's like a cult

Randy Foulds

Expert
Im an agent in California, I do mostly Med Sup. But the occasional MAPD comes along so this year, I chose to do certification for Anthem Blue Cross, Aetna, Healthnet, and UHC. UHC i re-certify every year for renewal. this year, they required an AARP "indoctrination into our cult" video series and exams. anyone else find this just completely unnecessary?

Im an agent in California, I do mostly Med Sup. But the occasional MAPD comes along so this year, I chose to do certification for Anthem Blue Cross, Aetna, Healthnet, and UHC. UHC i re-certify every year for renewal. this year, they required an AARP "indoctrination into our cult" video series and exams. anyone else find this just completely unnecessary?

It's only unnecessary if you don't want to earn commissions from UHC.

Actually UHC is super easy barly an inconvenience as of late

I hardly even notice what was needed this year and last, Did it while doing other things hardly even ask questions on the video at all

Before that, it was much more intensive though, Had to know a lot of insignificant stuff

Most of them are easy now, Anthem probably the easiest of all

Only the Ahip was a pain

When you sign up to sell MAPD, it happens. It's a PITA, but I bet it's nice to get those renewal checks.

I am referring to the AARP video and quiz. After the UHC MAPD section and PDP section, there were 4 videos to watch and answer quizzes about how great AARP is.

Still gotta do it to get renewals.
True, but its just another piece of propaganda from a company that is NOT an insurer and should not be involved in the business. Do you think CMS cares if I know what programs AARP has? its like having a Walmart quiz if you decide to man one of their AEP tables for a week.

Hey at least they raised Med supp commissions on year 1 now. Sucks it’s only 1 year but they are very consistently low priced here

Hey at least they raised Med supp commissions on year 1 now. Sucks it’s only 1 year but they are very consistently low priced here

Med Supp I have been having lots of issues in the past year, I cant use them outside of FL and NY for med supp I can only use them for MA in most states

Back