Just Wanted to Share Some Funny Experiences in the Field.

:D:D:D:DNothing serious here, just thought I'd share a funny experience selling insurance and open it up to anyone else who might want to share theirs. I started out selling accident and sickness suppliments for Combined Insurance. Every week or so, we were given a township to work, along with a plat map, and a set of established accounts to see, and renew. The old days of combined were that we renewed the Accident premium in the field in person, and we were all told to canvass, and try to sell other products to the established accounts. the accident policies were express issue. Anyone could buy it as long as they were under 70 YO. So I knock on this house, and the guy is in a wheelchair. He lets me in and says, "whatever it is I'll take it! I'm an old salesman myself and I know how hard you work. I said, ok, but let me tell you what it is first! So I write the policy and tell him I'd be back 6 months later. Six months later, I return, and this time it is summer. I took another agent with me this time. I knocked on his door, and he opens it, again, he is in a wheelchair. this time, he is STARK NAKED! The only thing covering him where it counted, was a strategically placed newspaper! I said, Hey, John, could you at least go put some pants on! Ok, who's next???

Its his house if he wants to go around starkers let him....Then again I wouldn't answer the door naked unless maybe it was a couple of coeds from a local college....Second thought the laughter isn't what I'm looking for :)

Back