Kaiser Permanente tops J.D. Power Medicare Advantage plan survey for 5th straight year

Insurance Forums Staff

Guru
Sponsor
Insurance Forums Staff submitted a new article

Kaiser Permanente tops J.D. Power Medicare Advantage plan survey for 5th straight year
customer-satisfaction.jpg

Overall MA plan customer satisfaction remains steady as cost drives plan selection, study finds.
Continue reading the Original Article.

They are the only company having a top 5-Star Rating for their hospitals in California for both Medicare and individual plans.

Their Medicare plans have 5-Star Ratings, the only company I know of with that rating here in California.

Medicare rates companies in 75 departments. Kaiser controls all 75 since they own the clinics and hospitals and the doctors are their employees. Most other companies writing Medicare policies only control @ 20 departments or less!

Kaiser has either a hate or love relationship with patients. It's extremely difficult to compete with them even though they have the most expensive Medicare plan in California. They charge for everything whereas most companies have $0 copays for the same thing.

As soon as I find out someone turning 65 is on Kaiser, I ask: Are you happy with your coverage? If they answer yes I reply, I guess you are going to stay with Kaiser for your Medicare? Almost always, the answer is yes. I'll tell them about the copays Kaiser charges and once in a while someone will want a comparison.

Ok, thanks.
Curious because there was a thread awhile back in which there was somewhere they didn't.

Kaiser has either a hate or love relationship with patients. It's extremely difficult to compete with them even though they have the most expensive Medicare plan in California. They charge for everything whereas most companies have $0 copays for the same thing.

When I was writing U65 health insurance I had a handful of clients with them. Their plans were competitive then (before Obamacare). Had the best maternity benefit of any other carrier.

Women usually fought enrolling in the plan but once they were in it was like the mob. The couldn't leave even if they want to.

They really have a slick health care system. I told folks it was like joining the Army.

Play by their rules and you will love it. Otherwise, forget about even joining the club.

Most of the folks I encounted that hate KP have never had the coverage. They just hate HMO's because of bad press.

I don't like them either but KP is an exception. Put my daughter on one of their plans while she was in college. Kept it for 5 or 6 years including past graduation. She kept it until she got a job with group insurance.

One of her choices was KP and she picked it.

Do the California Kaiser clinics take the Kaiser medigap plans?

Kaiser California does not have any Medigap plans. Only MAPD called Senior Advantage. Kaiser California does no accept any outside coverage (except if they are closest facility in emergency/urgent situations). It's possible they may accept a Kaiser Medigap plan from another state's Kaiser as they have begun reciprocating coverage between the Kaisers in different states.

Kaiser California does not allow agents to sell their MAPD plan. Direct to the public only.

Kaiser California does not have any Medigap plans. Only MAPD called Senior Advantage. Kaiser California does no accept any outside coverage (except if they are closest facility in emergency/urgent situations). It's possible they may accept a Kaiser Medigap plan from another state's Kaiser as they have begun reciprocating coverage between the Kaisers in different states.

Kaiser California does not allow agents to sell their MAPD plan. Direct to the public only.

Same here for Medicare. No Medigap. KP staff see only KP members.

A few years ago they agreed to pay brokers a "finders fee" but it came with a lot of strings. I never pursued it. Don't know any brokers here that did.

Only thing I ever wrote with them was IFP and small group.

Same here for Medicare. No Medigap. KP staff see only KP members.

A few years ago they agreed to pay brokers a "finders fee" but it came with a lot of strings. I never pursued it. Don't know any brokers here that did.

Only thing I ever wrote with them was IFP and small group.
IFP? Insurance For Pirates?

Back