Kaiser Permanente tops J.D. Power Medicare Advantage plan survey for 5th straight year

Yes, Kaiser clinics and doctors and hospitals accept the Kaiser Medicare plan.

You might want to read his question again. He asked if they accepted MEDIGAP plans, not Medicare plans. Kaiser DOES NOT accept Medigap plans. Not even the ones they sell.

Same here for Medicare. No Medigap. KP staff see only KP members.

A few years ago they agreed to pay brokers a "finders fee" but it came with a lot of strings. I never pursued it. Don't know any brokers here that did.

Only thing I ever wrote with them was IFP and small group.

Yep, it was too much work for a small fee of $100. I've found you either love Kaiser or you hate it. And it usually correlates with how close a person is to one of their big facilities. By and large, I find the majority of people want more choice than what Kaiser has to offer. At least here in Georgia.

JD Power is a paid award, companies pay a hefty amount for them to do "surveys" on behalf of the company. The rating is meaningless. It's a marketing company. Same reason that Chevrolet get's all the JD Power awards while their reliability has been sinking.

Yep, it was too much work for a small fee of $100. I've found you either love Kaiser or you hate it. And it usually correlates with how close a person is to one of their big facilities. By and large, I find the majority of people want more choice than what Kaiser has to offer. At least here in Georgia.
I was also offered a $100 referral fee by KP in Colorado but not if the applicant was already enrolled in a U65 KP plan. I passed because the only people who have ever been interested in the KP MA plans were those who were already their members.

Last edited:
Kaiser does NOT offer Medigap plans in California

We aren’t talking about just California. Additionally, the question asked was does Kaiser take Medigap? Not their Medigap, but just Medigap in general. You said yes, but some of us believe you misread the question.

But they do offer Medigap in Washington. And those enrolled cannot receive care at Kaiser facilities. Nor can anyone else with a Medigap plan from any company. The only plans they accept are their own Medicare Advantage plans (for people on Medicare).

But they do offer Medigap in Washington

How would I know. I'm only licensed in Calif. If you want to know if they offer Medigap plans in Washington, check it out.

But they do offer Medigap in Washington

How would I know. I'm only licensed in Calif. If you want to know if they offer Medigap plans in Washington, check it out.

I give up Mickey. Obviously you aren’t comprehending what is being said.

Back