Kansas City Life?

smokin goose

Guru
1000 Post Club
Kentucky
Has anyone ever heard of them? I just ran into a lady that has a policy with them. She doesn't know where her policy is and doesn't know if its term or WL or UL. She said the premium goes up every year on her birthday. She's 59.

Great carrier with no debt and about $4 billion in cash on hand. :)

https://www.kclife.com/

Whenever someone tells me a company has no debt I think of the Amway people.

As of year end 2012 their Surplus and AVR position was just a tad under $370 million. That's a far cry from $4 billion. The company's entire admitted assets don't total $4 billion so they don't have that on hand.

Their products are kind of ho hum.

As of year end 2012 their Surplus and AVR position was just a tad under $370 million. That's a far cry from $4 billion. The company's entire admitted assets don't total $4 billion so they don't have that on hand.

I guess the annual premium increase she has is their term product.

I was introduced to them by a former NYL manager. Don't ask me why you'd leave NYL for KCL. They are just another AGLA of the world as far as products. I don't believe they are captive, just career.

I guess the annual premium increase she has is their term product.
There is a very good chance this is correct. It hasn't been that long since YRT was rather commonplace. A quick call to their HO with the client should be able to verify this.
Don't ask me why you'd leave NYL for KCL.
$$$$$$$$$$ ;) :yes:

KCL is one of the last family own life insurance companies in the US. It's real big in the Midwest. The prices on its term insurance is in the middle of the pack. They have a respectable UL. Because they are a smaller company, the underwriters will work with you on some of the tough cases to get them issued at a favorable rate. You should have your client call customer service to get the policy info. They are always very helpful and friendly.

Back