Kaplan in Illinois - What is It Like an what is the Process?

heartburn

Expert
I am thinking of taking the health licensing class from Kaplan in Illinois? Has anyone taken their class in Illinois?

What is the process like?
I understand the class is a 2 day class, but do you do anything to prepare before the class?

After the class, how much time do most people allow to study for the licensing exam?

Also, I am new to insurance sales. So after I am licensed to sell health insurance in Illinois, what should my next step be?

I am thinking of taking the health licensing class from Kaplan in Illinois? Has anyone taken their class in Illinois?

What is the process like?
I understand the class is a 2 day class, but do you do anything to prepare before the class?

After the class, how much time do most people allow to study for the licensing exam?

Also, I am new to insurance sales. So after I am licensed to sell health insurance in Illinois, what should my next step be?

I can't speak for Kaplan specifically but you can't really study beforehand much since you have no foundation. They give you the class, you pass their exam, and you get a voucher for your license.

As for learning to sell health insurance, look at Crabcake Johnny's post for new health insurance agents and read up. Go find an agency to work for to learn the ropes.

Why someone is wanting to do health insurance only right now is beyond me. Go for your life license as well as a "fallback" which will probably be your primary license.

Thank you for the reply. When I called Kaplan, they told me that they would send the books after I register and they recommended reading them prior to the class. I reconsidered, and I am planning on going for the health, accident, and life license.

Back