Kemper HHC Question and a Medsupp Question

Have a woman with an incontinence issue, has catheters. Does that disqualify her for supps or the kemper hhc?
Appreciate any help!!

As long as she can change herself and clean herself up, she should be ok on both. On the Supp it would depend on why she has the catheter and the company.

Do you write Kempers hhc?

I'm contracted with them but, have only written the GI life. I haven't written the HHC, just doesn't excite me...seems high to me for what you're getting(some states are cheaper than Illinois) I guess if someone in poor health was interested in Short Term NH/HHC and couldn't qualify, then I'd write it. They have different variations for different states. Talk to Twilight about Kemper...he's an IMO for them.

As long as she can change herself and clean herself up, she should be ok on both. On the Supp it would depend on why she has the catheter and the company.

Just confirming. Kemper's HHC would accept her so long as she does not currently require assistance with her ADL's... We have Kemper and our agents primarily use them with their HHC product, secondarily utilizing their GI Life. The product isn't perfect, but they really don't have any serious competition in the simplified issue HHC specific market.

Did you read the app or are you guessing she will be taken for the hhc?

Kemper only has two real qualifying health questions related to their HHC product:

1. Are you currently living in a nursing home or assisted living facility or currenlty receiving home health care or similar-type benefits?
2. Are you physically unable to perform routine activities such as bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, or transferring to or from a bed or chair?

So long as a client can answer NO to those two questions they will be approved.

For Your Reference:
Kemper HHC Sample (Generic) App
Kemper HHC Sample (Generic) Brochure

Back