Kemper Home Health Care

BuckNasty

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone looked at this product? I spoke with the wholesaler today and it seemed like it would be a nice add on to a med supp sale. It will give the insured up to $150 a day for home health care as an indemnity reimbursement for up to 360 days. They also have an add on that will pay $150 towards an annual physical, $75 for glasses, $250 for hearing. In my state it's only $25/month.

Heres the part I thought was really interesing...they will also reimburse clients up to $25 a month for prescriptions on the RETAIL price of their scripts. So if the person has a couple of scripts that they run through part D and pay $0 as a co-pay, but the retail price was $20 each, they would get back $25 from kemper making the cost cost of the insurance policy free.

What am I missing here. Sounds too good to be true. Anyone contracted with them? What is street level?

Anyone looked at this product? I spoke with the wholesaler today and it seemed like it would be a nice add on to a med supp sale. It will give the insured up to $150 a day for home health care as an indemnity reimbursement for up to 360 days. They also have an add on that will pay $150 towards an annual physical, $75 for glasses, $250 for hearing. In my state it's only $25/month.

Heres the part I thought was really interesing...they will also reimburse clients up to $25 a month for prescriptions on the RETAIL price of their scripts. So if the person has a couple of scripts that they run through part D and pay $0 as a co-pay, but the retail price was $20 each, they would get back $25 from kemper making the cost cost of the insurance policy free.

What am I missing here. Sounds too good to be true. Anyone contracted with them? What is street level?

GTL/UNL have a similar product. :yes:

I have the UNL plan and it pays the drug benefit with no problem. When I go pick up a prescription I ask the pharmacist for a printout for the drugs I bought the previous month.. Fax that to UNL and they send me a check. Haven't had occasion to use the HHC and hope I don't.. BTW, even with the heart problems, cancer history, COPD, etc. I had no problem getting the plan and there is no waiting period or preexisting period on the drug benefit..

The problem I see with it is scalability with the reimbursement. As the writing agent if you are helping the client get the reimbursement year in and out (esp if you write this with a 1-1 eff date) that's a lot of follow up.

Second, w with the gtl benefit, it's sold as a "1 year hhc" benefit but in reality it allows only 60 days for the non skilled hhc benefit (Kemper reads the same way) which is what is usually needed.

Nice plan, and easy to sell given "free insurance" pitch if the customer actually submits all of their RX reimbursement claims. That said, the benefits for actual home care are a little skimpy and difficult to explain. They're 100% banking on low utilisation of RX benefit. Anyone else out there selling either a Recovery Care (Short Term Care plan or a Home Care Plan) from someone else?

Nice plan, and easy to sell given "free insurance" pitch if the customer actually submits all of their RX reimbursement claims. That said, the benefits for actual home care are a little skimpy and difficult to explain. They're 100% banking on low utilisation of RX benefit. Anyone else out there selling either a Recovery Care (Short Term Care plan or a Home Care Plan) from someone else?
I was told that they expect people to file claims fro a couple of months and then get tire of it. I haven't noticed a time limit for filing claims so a person could, at the end of each year get a printout from the pharmacy listing each prescription filled and send it in. Would be a nice check, as much as $600.00,

I was told that they expect people to file claims fro a couple of months and then get tire of it. I haven't noticed a time limit for filing claims so a person could, at the end of each year get a printout from the pharmacy listing each prescription filled and send it in. Would be a nice check, as much as $600.00,
That's the way it was suggested to me...file once a year, but they can file once a month if they want. :yes:

Back