Key Med plan from Assurant

why would you even want to see the rates.....I don't care if its a dollar I would not recommend it......

TX has one of the best and most affordable pools in the nation, it is great.

Every state has something.

I agree the plan looks low benefit, and why sell it for low commish when I can get double or triple on another mini med if I wanted to of course.

I don't sell mini's but paying 15 to 20% is a complete slap in the face.

Time is struggling to find themselves. I haven't seen anything decent from them in years. Seems they are reduced to gimmicks to move their overpriced product line.

Assurant is going to be in very serious trouble if they don't address their rates. Anyone healthy goes right into GR and it's not even close.

I have no idea what some of these companies are thinking. It's $693 in MD for Aetna for a family in their young 40's. Do they just not want business? Assurant is no better.

I really don't get it - honestly I don't. You can get advances from Assurant and GR so for anyone to assume someone writes an Assurant deal because of the advance is silly. In fact, one outfit is advancing GR weekly and another is advancing on submit. Some World outfits advance twice a week. A new agent can actually get faster advances with GR and World then with Assurant.

My Assurant biz has dropped by 2/3rds and it ain't gonna pick up anytime soon until they decide to drastically lower the rates.

I agree with the gimmick comment - they seem to be much more interested in agent support stuff then re-directing that money into lower rates. I think it's great that clients can be approved in 60 seconds and print out their cards. But however much that system cost to design and implement, I'd have rather had a rate decrease.

For what it's worth, Assurant lowered the MD rates 8% two months ago. Now instead of being unbelievably uncompetitive it's just really bad.

I know new product design and implementation is extremely expensive. Assurant has decided it's a better use of money to go after fat diabetics with limited plans then simply lowering rates in existing ones?

Pricing is horrible, I know a lot of people on the board sell them a lot - but I sell in dozens of states and NOT ONE state are they on top of their game for a FULL FEATURED, CO PAY plan.

We ONLY sell full featured co pay plans we don't sell chopped up plans. My only thought is people are selling their chopped up plans, as literally in EVERY market I work they are severely beat on price.

Newbies are being trained to sell the Right Start - low deductible w/o a copay. I believe I heard it's their most sold plan.

I've spoken to at least 10 agents in the past month who had no earthly clue how the Right Start worked and didn't know most of the limitations such as ambulance and therapy. One thought the outpatient cap didn't apply to surgery, just lab.

Wanna have fun?

40 male, 40 female 2 kids in 21113 zip, standard rates - apples to apples:

GR Copay Select $2,500 ded: $409
Assurant Max Plan $2,500 ded: $667

How can I hit the GR rate?

Take away the copay? Nope - that's $496
Drop to CoreMed with a copay? Nope - that's $480
Drop the copay on CoreMed? That does it - $382

So I have to hit CoreMed with no copay to match Copay Select? WTF!

And by the way, the GR Copay Select plan in the example above for $409? An Assurant Right Start w/$2,000 ded and a $25 copay w/$5,000 cap on outpatient is $382.

Hmmmmmm......tough one. Copay Select for $409 or Right Start for $382. But don't give the max outpatient of $10,000 - then Right Start is $406.

I am doing a 2 man group now to cover autism ....and even the mental benies are light......

Back