Keys to Working with Female Clients

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
James Cowan, Director of Next Markets at Ohio National, has shared a new article (link below) with tips to help agents better reach and cultivate client relationships with women.

I would add another tip to his list – patience – remembered from an interview with 2012 W.I.F.S. Woman of the Year Monica Jones, who advocates patience in building relationships with female clients. “I think women are naturally more patient. We’re not pushy. I see in men the urgency of doing the business. We’re interested in getting the relationship first; the business comes later,” Jones said.

If you have any comments on James Cowan's tips or tips of your own that have proven effective for better reaching and connecting with female clients – arguably a very underserved market – please share them here.

Insurance Forums | 5 Keys to working with female clients

Ooh, I have a tip! You know what women don't want? A man to tell them what they want. Seriously, you guys, you couldn't have a woman write this article?

Why are tips 1 - 4 indigenous to females?

Probably 80% of my client base are women. It has been that way for at least the last 10 years since I transitioned away from group health to individual and now to Medicare.

All of my sales have been by phone with very few exceptions.

I don't know that it takes that much more time from first contact to resolution. I have some women that make a decision on the spot (same for men) but most want to think about it.

And I have no problem with that. Take all the time you need. I'll still be here.

Back