Kid Sent to CHIP, No CHIP...Now Sick

houcoogster

Guru
1000 Post Club
I just got a call from a client whose son was sent to CHIP. No CHIP paperwork.... no contact from CHIP whatsoever. His son is very sick today and he couldn't go to school he asked me "what should I do take him to the ER or what"?? I told him to do what you have to do in order to get him treatment. He didn't even want his son on CHIP in the first place. Somebody is gonna get hurt with all this incompetence run amok.

I just got a call from a client whose son was sent to CHIP. No CHIP paperwork.... no contact from CHIP whatsoever. His son is very sick today and he couldn't go to school he asked me "what should I do take him to the ER or what"?? I told him to do what you have to do in order to get him treatment. He didn't even want his son on CHIP in the first place. Somebody is gonna get hurt with all this incompetence run amok.

I can guarantee you that no healthcare.gov official will be responsible or lose their job.

you have to purchase an individual plan on these children. That's the only way to make sure they are covered. Or, maybe even a temporary plan is better than nothing.

I think you guys are missing the point here. His parents wanted him on their on exchange family plan but hc.gov sent the kid to chip.

I think you guys are missing the point here. His parents wanted him on their on exchange family plan but hc.gov sent the kid to chip.

I've had that occur several times. It's by design in IL, if a family earns under 300% of FPL. When a family is (wisely) dead set against a Government Health Plan for their children, they purchase off-exchange individual plans for the children.

What aspect of this are we not understanding properly, HouCoogster?
-ac

But Obama said if you like your plan you can keep your plan. He also said kids can stay on parents policies Tell age 26 . He forgot to mention unless your income qualifies your kids for chip. Then they can not be on your policy and the states are dragging there feet and doing everything they can to discourage people from signing up. We need a class action suit for breach of contract against HHS

I've had that occur several times. It's by design in IL, if a family earns under 300% of FPL. When a family is (wisely) dead set against a Government Health Plan for their children, they purchase off-exchange individual plans for the children.

What aspect of this are we not understanding properly, HouCoogster?
-ac

Well that's fine if they say they are going to put them on chip by good graces do it...don't leave people in the lurch. This was happening in TX on deals written prior to 1-1-14. TX gave the "Marketplace" authority to determine medicaid eligibility from 10-1-13 to 1-1-14 now we/customer decides where the kids go.

Back