Know any gay doctors in Austin, TX?

This thread has no real information.

All you need to do is ask Ramiz. He has a list of every gay doctor in the country in case he is on vacation and gets sick.

Rick

So how would it effect medical treatment? I would go to a male or female doctor - what matters is the competence of their service not their lifestyle or what they do behind closed doors.

I think the guy asked for a gay or a gay-friendly doctor. I'm sure that plenty of straight doctors are gay-friendly. So he wasn't requiring that his doctor have the same lifestyle he has.

Doctors like everyone else have their prejudices and gay people take a lot of abuse from all quarters. Why should he have to wonder whether or not his new doctor will treat him with respect? If I moved to a new community a generation or two ago, I might have found it necessary to ask which doctors in town were black or respectful to blacks. What is the big deal?

Doctors like everyone else have their prejudices and gay people take a lot of abuse from all quarters.

If the doctor is a racist *** or cares if his patients are gay, then take your business elsewhere. There are no shortage of doctors.

I love realtors that answer the phone in the middle of dinner to later lecture you about 'family time' when they found out it's about insurance. They only answer calls to get a listing or to take a call on a listing. They're funny, those crazy realtors BK'ing left and right. 3 yrs ago high on the hog, today broke as a joke.

Last edited:
I think that it is different than wanting a gay accountant or insurance agent. One's sexuality would not have impact on the tax code or insurance rates.

I would not say that it has no impact. There are a fair number of issues around domestic partnerships/marriage/civil unions etc related to insurance and tax codes etc. these days. For example, when I did a stint with AFLAC years ago, the issue of spousal benefits for gay partners would come up rather frequently and clients are really dependent on how receptive and supportive the agent is to working the issue because, depending on the state, it can be accomplished.

Winter

If the doctor is a racist *** or cares if his patients are gay, then take your business elsewhere.

Isn't that all he's trying to do?

Sure, you can go to a restaurant and get poor service or lousy food and then choose to go to a different restaurant the next time. But why shouldn't you avoid an unpleasant experience by asking for a recommendation before you select a place to eat?

Again: what's the big deal?

I went to a gay doctor once. He gave me a lovely rectal exam...the weird thing was I went to him to have my eyes checked?!?!??:D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ha ha ha last post was not posted by me. That is what happens when you leave your computer unlocked. Sounds like that guy has some problems.

Last edited:
Back