Kroger vs GoodRx

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Checking Rx prices for a client. For the 3 generics he takes GoodRx + Kroger had the lowest prices . . . and lower than his PDP pricing.

No real surprise there.

But for an even LOWER price, join the Kroger Rx Savings Club ($36/yr).

Looks like Kroger is trying to drive traffic to their pharmacy and grocery store.

Have you tried RetailMeNot Rx Saver? I have found that to be cheaper than GoodRx lately.

Have not.

Is that connected to the retailmenot app to help you find lower prices for almost everything sold online and in brick-and-mortar stores?

Just checked Losartan, the drug my client asked about. RMNRx about the same as GRx but still higher than the Kroger Rx club.

Looks like the RMN requires the use of an app . . . something I rarely use. Figure it is bad enough that Google and NSA know everything about me without adding general use apps to my phone.

Last edited:
Has anyone encountered the GoodRx “oath”? Was looking up Novolin Insulin for a prospect and came across this when clicking on the coupon price. First time I’ve seen it.

Attachments

• C159024A-BF81-4FAD-ADFC-AF260BC042F8.png
    C159024A-BF81-4FAD-ADFC-AF260BC042F8.png
    167 KB · Views: 30
I have never seen that either.

"Not eligible for . . . Medicare . . ."

Will the GoodRx swat team move in under the dark of night and arrest you for using your GoodRx coupon INSTEAD of your PDP?

5 Things Senators Are Hearing About Killer Drug Prices | ThinkAdvisor

3. Drug prices vary in strange ways.
The price of a drug can vary widely from pharmacy to pharmacy in a given region, and that can cost a consumer hundreds of dollars per year, Gill said.

In about 18% of the cases Consumer Reports reviewed, it would be cheaper for patients to pay cash and buy the drugs outside of the plan, Gill added.

Gill gave celecoxib — the generic version of Celebrex, a well-known nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug — as an example of that problem.

Buying generic Celebrex through a Cigna plan in Des Moines, Iowa, which does not include celecoxib on its formulary, would cost a consumer $212 a month, she said.

At Kroger, she said, the same drug is available for $6.

5 Things Senators Are Hearing About Killer Drug Prices | ThinkAdvisor

3. Drug prices vary in strange ways.
The price of a drug can vary widely from pharmacy to pharmacy in a given region, and that can cost a consumer hundreds of dollars per year, Gill said.

In about 18% of the cases Consumer Reports reviewed, it would be cheaper for patients to pay cash and buy the drugs outside of the plan, Gill added.

Gill gave celecoxib — the generic version of Celebrex, a well-known nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug — as an example of that problem.

Buying generic Celebrex through a Cigna plan in Des Moines, Iowa, which does not include celecoxib on its formulary, would cost a consumer $212 a month, she said.

At Kroger, she said, the same drug is available for $6.

That is not a logically valid comparison.

Back